Blake Henry Haddock

Chapter 36: Blake Henry Haddock
*5 hours later*
10am
Astrid POV:
"Now you just throw it in the trash can." I explain to Hiccup, as he changed Blake's diaper for the first time. He shot the diaper into the trash can like a basketball, and uncovered his nose from his shirt. "Now your all clean buddy!" Hiccup coos, and rubs his hands on Blake's stomach. I then heard a groan, and saw Freya waking up.
"Daddy? Is mommy awake yet?" She asks aloud, still having bleary eyes. Her eyes then focused, and her eyes widened. "Mommy!!!" She screamed and dashed into my arms. She began to cry, and I rubbed her back. "Hello sweet pea!" I say, and wiped my fallen tear. She pulled away from me, and heard little baby cries.
"Wait? You had the baby?" She asks and I sighed. "I had a C-section baby, it's where the doctors had to cut me open and take out the baby, since I was really hurt," I explain, and lifted up my hospital gown, showing Freya my big scar. "Are you ok?" She asks and I nodded. "I'm going to be just fine! And now you have a baby brother!" I squealed and she giggled. She slowly climbed off the bed, and walked over to Hiccup.
"Come here Freya, it's ok," Hiccup says, and motions for Freya to sit next to him on the chair. She carefully sits on the chair, and looks over Hiccups shoulder, meeting her baby brother. "Aww he's cute!" Freya coos, and touched her brothers face. "What's his name?" She asks and me and Hiccup exchanged glances. I smiled and looked at Freya, all smiles.
"Freya, meet your little brother, Blake Henry Haddock!" I exclaim and her eyes widened. "He is named after daddy?" She asks me and I nodded. She looked at Hiccup, who kissed her forehead. Freya then crawled off her chair, and went over to baby Blake. She kissed his forehead, and smiled at him. "Hello bro! I'm your big sister!" She exclaims and have him another kiss. Me and Hiccup looked at one another, smiling at how Freya was treating her brother.
"Daddy! He has your eyes!" Freya shrieked and me and Hiccup immediately looked over at Freya, and then Blake. Hiccups eyes widened, and then smiled. "Astrid he has my forest green eyes," Hiccup whispers, and lifted up our newborn so I could see his face. "He's so precious," I cried and Hiccup came over, and layed right beside my on my hospital bed. He cuddled Blake in his right arm, and put his left around my shoulders. He motioned for Freya, and she cuddled on my left arm. "Watch for my leg." I say, and stood up so I could carefully move it over. I sniffed and cuddled back with my family.
Blake's eyes slowly began to close again, meaning he was tired, and so was I. After having surgery and being checked on by nurses and doctors the past 5 hours really wears you out. I slowly cuddled into Hiccups shoulder, and began to fall asleep.
——————————————————————
Hiccup POV:
*After Astrid is asleep*
"Daddy?" Freya asks, and I snapped out of my daze on my beautiful son, and turned my eyes towards my daughter. "Yes pumpkin?" I ask and she sighed. "Since Blake is now born...will you and mommy forget about me?" She says shyly, and my face dropped. I sat up and put Blake in his cradle that was by the uncomfortable hospital bed. I layed back down, and opened my arms for Freya. She crawled over Astrid, not injuring her in any way. I scooped my daughter into my arms, and covered another blanket over us.
"Freya Rose, I will never forget about you, and neither will your mother. I promise. Your our adorable, beautiful, and spunky girl. We couldn't forget you, and yes, we may be busy with the baby, but we would never forget you Freya, never. I love you so much pumpkin." I say, and kissed her cheek. She sniffed and cuddled into my chest. "I love you too daddy," she says and fell asleep on my chest.
——————————————————————
Astrid POV:
*4 days later*
9am
"Oh who's a cute boy? You are!" I coo as I put my newborn infant into his clothes. He opened his eyes, and wailed. "Oh baby, I know," I say as I slipped on his pants. Hiccup walked in with the diaper bag, and the car seat. We were leaving today. Hiccup smiled at me, and Heather walked in behind him. "How's my godson doing?" She asks, and snatched my baby son from me. I glared at her, and she winked at me, sitting on the couch.
"Here's some clothes babe," Hiccup growls, and throws some sweatpants and a sweatshirt at me. He hadn't been sleeping well lately because of Blake, and he was grumpy and tired.
I grabbed my crutches and carefully walked over to the bathroom. I got undressed from my pajamas and slipped on the clothes Hiccup got me. I even put on my makeup and did my hair, in a messy bun of course.
"Mommy!" I hear a little girl exclaim, and she bursted into the bathroom. "Why hello sweet pea! How are you this fine Saturday morning?" I shriek and she sat on the toilet, and looked at me doing my makeup. "Daddy's a grump!" She huffs as I chuckled. "I know right!" I mutter and she giggled. "I CAN HEAR YOU!" Hiccup yells from the other room, and me and Freya snickered.
"But I made a discovery!" Freya shrieks and I looked at her. "Oh you did?" I ask and she nodded. "Ok! So my birthday is September 28 and my brothers is September 14!" Freya exclaims and I looked at her. "Your right it is! Your brothers was supposed to be October 5! Your birthdays are so close!" I shrieked and she shrugged her shoulders. "I guess they are!" She giggled and ran out of the bathroom.
I walked out of the bathroom with my crutches and saw the gang their to help me and Hiccup settle us back home. Time for a new start with our son and daughter.
"Welcome to the world Blake Henry Haddock!" The gang cheered.