Friend from the Past

(Y/N)'s POV

Waiting for Light to come back sure is boresome.

With the two idiots--death gods on my side, things can sure be a lot more worse than I expected. I filled my bottle with water and went out for another jog.

"Hey, (Y/N)-chan," Ryuk called, pointing at a cart of apples. "Why not buy some apples? I want food."

"No."

"Eh? Why not?"

I proceeded to boost my pace, going far away from the cart as possible. Rem quickly caught up and left Ryuk still staring at the apples.

"Say, (Y/N)-chan, what are you going to do now that you've found out L's name?" the death god asked. I stopped and faced him. "I'm going to do what Light-kun said...even though I've already made him upset." I replied, mumbling at the last part. I then continued walking along the pavements. "I see..."

Narrator's POV

Just along the way, you bumped into a man, just a few inches taller than you. "Sorry." both of you apologized in unison. You quickly raised your head up to look at the person. To your surprise, it was Kanou, a good friend of yours from the past. Kanou quickly recognized you as well. "Kanou-kun?" you said, as a smile grew at your face. His eyes widened and his mouth formed a grin. "(Y/N)-chan!" the boy exclaimed, giving you a bear hug. "I thought I'll never see you again!"

You chuckled gently and got released from the hug. Kanou was still wearing the grin. He had changed a lot since the last time you saw him. He was usually the shy type, not as outgoing as you remembered. The only thing that haven't changed is his glasses; still the same since the first time you've met him. But then you remembered that your friend had a huge crush on you.

"Hey, hey, (Y/N)-chan, where do you live now? I wanna visit your home sometime soon!"

"I can take you right now, if you want."

Kanou grinned and gave a thumbs up. The two of you went to Light's home, which you now treated that it was yours as well.

You reached your destination and invited Kanou inside. He scanned his eyes around the place and then plopped himself down the couch. "Nice house! Although... are you really not that girly anymore? The house seems like it's owned by a dude!" He said with a laugh. You froze for a moment. Crap, he almost found out..! you thought, then served him his favorite tea.

"Hey, (Y/N)-chan...what are you doing now that you've finished your studies?" he asked, taking a sip of his drink. Judging. That was what you wanted to say, but you remembered Light. You're not supposed to reveal your true identity to people, even if you trust this certain person, you just can't. Kanou waited for your response, but came up with nothing. "...Are you sure you're doing something worthy, or are you doing something secretive against the law?"

You dropped the glass you were holding on your hand. You didn't knew what to reply with. Your mind searched for answers, but before you could respond, Kanou sighed. "Ah, sorry, sorry. I must be messing with your head. It's not like your Kira or something!" he said, giggling. You laughed nervously. "Y-Yeah...! Why would I even do that, right?"

Silence suddenly filled the room. Then, you heard a faint laugh, probably Ryuk's. Kanou locked his eyes on yours, then scanned your body. "(Y/L/N), mind if I help myself?" You didn't knew what it meant at first until he stood up and swiftly pinned you to the wall. You tried to scream, but he covered your mouth. "Sh...Let me enjoy, okay?" An evil grin spread across his face.

Just then, you heard a loud bang on the front door. The two of you turned your heads quickly and saw a man who broke the door open.