Unknown Sender

L paused, then smiled. "Alright," he said. "Soichiro-san, Matsuda, go to room 68 and ask Wakahisa-san for the level B-1 lethal injection. Hand it over to Uoda-san who will be waiting with Oshima. Oh, and please entrust Soichiro-san of the syringe and not Matsuda for your safety. The others, proceed to your current investigations. That would be all. Thank you."

Soichiro and Matsuda nodded their heads curtly and exited the room. The rest of the members followed them, leaving you, Light, and the three detectives remaining in the now silent room. Mello awkwardly broke the silence by loudly taking a bite off his chocolate bar. All of you stared at him, making the blonde man feel more awkward.

"Well, uh, if you don't have anything assigned for me, L, please excuse me," Mello said. He went out of the door with a slam.

Suddenly, your phone beeped. It was a text, but from an unknown sender. You unlocked your phone and checked the message.

"Meet me at the rooftop."

"Eh? What's this...?" you thought aloud, analyzing the text once more.

Light raised a brow. "What's wrong?" he asked. He went closer to you and read the mysterious text. "Hm? Who sent this to you, (Y/N)?"

"I don't know... Maybe it was sent to the wrong person--"

Your phone beeped again. It was another text from the same sender.

"(Y/N)."

Your eyes widened. "Who is this??"

L tilted his head. "Whatever that message is, you should go prove to yourself that it is not fake."

You looked at Light, waiting for his approval. When he nodded at you, you bowed and walked out of the door. "Please excuse me," you bid politely.

Whilst heading to the elevator, you thought about who could this unknown sender be. "Who would want to meet me at the rooftop right now? It's for sure that it's someone from the Japanese Task Force, or someone who has access to get inside this private building..."

"Psst," a male voice called. It was coming from behind. You turned around and gasped, almost letting your phone slip from your hands. You calmed a bit down when you saw that it was Near.

"N-Near...-san..."

"You can drop the -san; no need for formality." The white-haired boy dropped his robotic toy on the ground, producing a loud clunk. "Ah, it fell," he said in a monotonous tone. You squinted your eyes and knelt down to pick it up. Near knelt down too before you could rise.

"How do you find Yagami Light?" he questioned with a sassy-like face.

You cheeks faded to a deep shade of red. "H-Huh? W-W-What do you mean...?"

"How is it that you were able to fall in love with Yagami Light?"

"H-Heh? U-Um, well..." Yo thought about it for quite a while until you found the answer: "I don't know!"

"What? Do not try to avoid the question, (Y/L/N)-san."

"N-No, no! Really, I don't know. Maybe... maybe it was our hearts that decided for ourselves. It's strange how I developed feelings for Light-kun. I guess I could say that he is very nice and sweet in the inside. Light-kun has good intentions, and I understand them all..."

"It is strange, indeed. I do not understand love fore a human being, and probably will not. I think it is too much to handle, too much to sacrifice... and too much sexual content." He stuck his tongue out in disgust. You blushed, facepalming.

"Uhh, I have to get going now. We could have another conversation next time, okay?" You handed his toy over to him.

"Yeah. See you later." He stood up and casually walked away.