Wait

"We shall be applying this plan in 18 days from now. Please be prepared for your respective tasks, and do not forget to be twice as careful; if you commit one wrong move, you can give away the opportunity to Kira to end your life. Our meeting is adjourned." The detective then dismissed the whole team, ordering them to begin their work. When everybody left, a death god's laughter is heard from behind his back. "People..." Rem said, "are really interesting..."

L rose from his seat and made himself a cup of over-sweetened coffee. "Mhm. I agree, as well," he casually replied, biting his thumb. "But I suggest not to interfere. If you do, someone has to get erased." His eyes locked to the death god's eyes. "Just watch how the events flow."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~About 8 months later~

Due to the days and weeks that rocket by, your belly grew large. You thought that Light would be turned off at the weight you gained, but he still loves you just the way you are.

You remembered the time when you first had your ultra-sound in the hospital. It was nerve-racking, since you had no knowledge whatsoever of babies and pregnancy. When you looked at the screen where your child could be seen, you couldn't help but gasp in excitement. "Is it a girl?" you asked the doctor with sparkly eyes.

"(Y/N)-chan, wouldn't it be better if it was a boy?" your husband butted in.

You frowned and crossed your arms. "But Light-kun, I like our baby to be a girl."

The doctor chuckled at your lover's quarrel. "Yagami-san, the child is actually going to be a girl!" She clasped her hands.

Light's hopes were crushed in an instant. You let out a laugh of victory, sticking your tongue out as you pull down one eyelid. He sighed and shook his head. "Fine, I'm treating you ramen..."

~

"(Y/N)-chan, stop zoning out," you heard Light say. "Open your mouth."

You did as told and he fed you miso soup. You blushed while smiling. "Hehe, sorry. I was just remembering something~," you replied.

"The baby's almost going to be born, huh?" He touched your over-sized stomach.

"Mhm... What should her name be?" you asked him and yourself. "What if we name her Kazuko?"

"Kazuko, with the characters 'peace' and 'child'? (Y/N), why is it--?"He stopped talking when he saw tears from your eyes running down your cheeks. You clenched your teeth tightly, and said, "I want our child to be the key to bring peace to this cruel world... I don't like any fighting over which justice will prevail, or which side will be completely erased, I just want a quiet life with you, me, and Kazuko as a happy family..."

Once again, Light did not talk back nor corrected you. He simply brought you into his arms and stroked your head. He did not let go until your crying came to an end.

While he was walking over to the kitchen, dirty dishes in his hand, his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID, which was Matsuda's. He picked up and was greeted by L instead. You tried to overhear their conversation, but their voices could barely be heard. When he came back, he sat by the bed and placed his hands on his forehead. "W-What is it, Light-kun? W-What's the problem?" you asked with deep concern.

"It's nothing, (Y/N). Just go to sleep," he spoke with a calm tone. "There's no need to worry about it right now." Light tucked you in bed and planted a soft kiss on your head before turning off the lamp. "I'll be going out for work tomorrow and maybe come back late. I guess I'll have to leave my sister to take care of you while I'm gone."