A Date and a Lost Note

"You...forgot L's name?" Light's eye twitched for a split second, but soon calmed down, because he didn't want to get mad at you. "Sorry, sorry. It's not your fault."

You sighed. "Actually it is. I guess I wasn't being aware to the other people around me... I should've been the one apologizing to you--for getting mad at you, and for doubting your love... for... me..." you said, mumbling at the last two words softly, just enough that Light won't be able to hear it, but apparently, you were wrong. He laughed gently, his face hinting a bright shade of red. "It's okay, (Y/N)."

"No! It's not," you quickly responded. "I... want to give you a more formal apology than just saying the word 'sorry'."

"Hmmm~?" Light raised a brow. A mischievous smirk appeared on his face. "Well, I guess I have to decide what you have to do so I can forgive you with this 'formal apology'."

A chill ran down your spine. You didn't want that kind of idea of him to pick how you are going to apologize, but you allowed him to do whatever he wanted, since you were really guilty.

"Wh-What is it?"

"You'll have to go with me on a date."

Your face turned red. "Wh-Wh-Wh-When?!"

"The moment you get out of the hospital, of course."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"L-Light-kun, what if someone from the Kira investigation will see us?" you asked worriedly. Light's hand intertwined with yours as the two of you were walking on the pavement. He was planning to take you to the café first.

"What's wrong if they saw us?"

"Well... uh..."

"Nothing. Now let's go." He tugged your hand and off you two went to the café.

"Irasshaimase!" a waiter greeted as you stepped inside. The air is filled with the scent of coffee and freshly baked pastries of different kinds.

"Please, let me show you to your seat," he said, only paying attention to you, and not Light. The waiter led you to a table for two and set the menus down. "What would you like, miss?"

"Hmmm..." You scanned the list of drinks and found your favorite, (F/Coffee). "I'll have this," you said, pointing the word at the menu. "(S/M/L), please."

He scribbled down your order in his little notepad. "Alright. You're order will come in a few minutes." He smiled, turned around and started to leave.

"Hey, aren't you going to take my order?" Light asked in a harsh-like tone. 

"Oh, right; I forgot." The waiter walked back in a slouchy manner. "What would you like to order, sir?" 

"I'll have what my girlfriend is having."

"G-G-Girlfriend?" you exclaimed in your head. An uncontrollable shade of red appeared on your face.

The waiter rolled his eyes. "Tch, 'kay."

A couple of minutes later, your order arrived. The same waiter from earlier served your drinks, and even added a chocolate-flavored cupcake with whipped cream plus a cherry on top just for you. "Please, accept this." 

"Oh, um, thanks..."

After he left to serve the other costumers, you fixed your gaze to Light, who looks--is pissed off. He was restless, fiddling his fingers as he stared at the waiter innocenttly jotting down orders and kindly serving their food and drinks with a gentle smile. You giggled. "Is something wrong?"

"Huh? Uh, no," Light replied, still not taking his eyes off of the waiter. 

"Are you jealous?"

"No!" 

You smirked. "Whatever you say~." You decided to play around for a little while, for your own entertainment. 

"I'll be going to the bathroom. Excuse me." Light stood up his chair and procceeded to the restroom. Now's the chance!!, you thought. You raised your hand, calling the waiter. He immediately approached you, asking: "What may I help you with, miss?" 

You kept the convesation going on with the waiter, until Light returns. You found out a lot of things about him, including his name--Koda Hiroki. 

All of a sudden, Hiroki breathed heavily,and coughed loudly. He slammed his hand on the table, trying to regain his balance. Before you knew it, he collapsed to the carpeted floor. The people inside exchanged gasps and screams. Then, chaos errupted. "Kira's inside! Everyone, evacuate!!"

It wasn't a surprise for you anymore. You knew that it was obviously Light. Who else could it be?

A hand tightly grabbed yours; it was Light. "Quick, let's get out of here," he said. You nodded and joined in with the running crowd. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Night came, and you were watching the news on TV. It was about the Kira incident that occured in the café. "So I was right..." you said with a grin. 

"Right about what?"

"That you were jealous all along." You stuck your tongue out playfully. 

"Shut up... Just start writing criminals' names down your Death Note while I'm busy."

"Alrighty then." You grabbed your bag and searched for your Note. "Huh?" You started emptying it, and found no Death Note. "Where did I put my Death Note...?" 

Suddenly, you remembered what Light had previously told you when the two of you were at the balcony in the hospital.

"(Y/N), this was all set up by Hirokazu-san. She's a daughter of someone who's working on the Kira investigation. Have you already fallen on her trap?"

"N-No...it couldn't be..."