Finding the Lost Note

L froze. Everyone in the room was shocked, now that they found out his real name. Miharu's jaw dropped. She lifted up a shaky finger and pointed it at the death god. "Y-You...H-How did you know his..."

Rem sniggered. "I am a death god, Koyoma Miharu. I do not only know L's name, but every human I can see in this room." She sent everyone a deathly glare. In return, they all flinched.

L smirked and bit his thumb. "You are interesting me, Rem," he said. "You, indeed, are interesting me."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

At the middle of the night, Light's phone rang--someone was calling him. At this time? he thought. He sluggishly picked up his phone and answered the call. "Hmn...moshi-moshi?"

"Ah, Yagami-kun, could you report to the headquarters right now? We have to discuss some important matters," the voice said. It was his father, Souchiro. He, being the goodie-two-shoes slash perfectionist, obeyed immediately and hung up.

Light jumped out of bed, wore the first decent clothing he could find, grabbed his suitcase full of folders containing some important documents, and silently went to your room to kiss you lightly on the forehead. He then proceeded to leave the house.

You woke up in no time by the tingling sensation that your lover had planted on your blushing face. Your hand crept up to your forehead and touched the exact spot. You giggled.

12:21am. Light left the house a few minutes ago, but at this time? You frantically got up, wore a (F/C) blouse with matching shorts, white over-the-knee socks with gray leg warmers, and a random jacket of Light's--which would be a little big for you, but who cares anyways. Before going outside, you grabbed your IPod and a black pouch containing your phone and some yen, just in case.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

When Light arrived, everyone was interrupted by him in thinking deeply of the same thoughts. Souchiro was first to respond; he stood up, saying in a raspy tone: "Light, it's great that you made it." His son smiled and walked over to the table of computers to put his suitcase down. "So," Light said, "what 'important matters' are there to discuss with me? Something about the Kira investigation, isn't it? I haven't collected any recent evidence yet, though. But I could help you with whatever has to be finished. By the way, where is L?"

From the dark shadows, L stepped out to the dim light, together with the death god, Rem. The detective locked his eyes on the young man, watching every move of his own pair of brown eyes make. Light glanced at Rem for a split second and winced, then back to L. He tried not to show his confused emotions by plastering a crooked smile. L grinned.

"Oh, Ryuzaki-san, there you are," Mogi said. He went up to the detective and handed out a folder to him. "These are the papers that have to be examined." 

"Mogi-san, please examine them now with Aizawa-san, Matsuda-san, and Ide-san. Do it in the private room on the second floor. I'll be expecting you to come back in an hour and a quarter."

"Understood." 

The only people in the room were Souchiro, L, and Light. The death god was there, too, staring at the three humans. 

"Uh, what were we going to discuss?" Light asked.

"Well--"

The door you slowly swung open created an annoying creeking noise. The men turned their heads to you. "(Y-Y/N)-chan? W-Why are you here?" your boyfriend stammered. 

You scratched the back of your head and giggled nervously as you waved your hand in an awkward way. "Heh, hello~..." 

"'(Y/N)-chan'..?" Souchiro asked harshly. 

"Father..." his son began and positioned himself closely beside you, "This is (Y/F/N), my girlfriend, if you remember from a long time ago. (Y/N)-chan, this is my father, Souchiro."

"Your...girlfriend?" He tapped his feet and tried to remember.

Light nodded. Souchiro sent you a cold glare at first, then sighed. "I guess I was drunk that time, that's why I couldn't remember the time when I met her. Well, I can't do anything now. You're not a child anymore, Light, but you're still my son. You're not supposed to keep it a secret to your parents for this long. How long have you been dating with (Y/N)?"

Light looked around as he thought of an approximation of how long you were together. "I believe...three weeks and five days."

"Heh?" you blurted. You didn't really counted the days you were together, but you do know when you became together. 

"Oh, is that so? I hope you'd accept my belated congratulations." Souchiro turned his head to you. "(Y/N), take good care of my son." 

You nodded and smiled. "I will, Souchiro-san." 

In the background was L, who had been watching the whole time. He clapped his hands with a straight face. "So, now that the moment is done, we shall discuss this important matter." The detective walked over to a secured briefcase resting on top of the shelf and opened it. He took out the Death Note. "This," he said while raising it in the air, "is what I have to show you, Yagami-kun."

You and Light were dumbfounded. If Misaki was the one that stole the Note, but now it is with L, wouldn't that mean that Misaki really is a member of the Kira investigation? you thought. 

You switched your eyes to your shinigami eyes and immediately glanced on top of L's head: L Lawliet, but there was nothing below his name. He used the Death Note?? You swapped your eyes back to normal. 

"Do you know what this is?" the detective asked.

"No," Light answered firmly, without stuttering. You knew that you had to play along, too, for your life's sake. 

"It's... a Death Note, isn't it? It says in the front cover," you added. 

"Yes, it is. And I know that both Kiras are using this special notebook for killing. I've tested this myself."

"Wait, where did you find this Death Note?" Light asked. 

Just then, a girl entered the room by the narrow door behind L. "Hello," she greeted. 

"M-...Misaki-chan?"