Captured Execute

Light's phone rang in the middle of the night. The two of you instantly woke up, startled at the noise. Light sat up and picked up his phone. You sat up as well, covering your body more with the oversized polo you were wearing, and listened to the conversation.

"Ah, moshi-moshi, Ryuzaki," he greeted with a sleepy, yet attractive, voice. "What makes you call at this time?"

"Report to the headquarters immediately. That is all. Goodbye."

After that, L hung up the phone. Light took a moment to stare at the "call ended" screen before he rested his phone down on the side table and placeed his free hand on your cheek. You blushed.

"Let's get going," he said. He kissed your forehead before standing up to get dressed. You nodded curtly, rose up, and began to pack your stuff.

As you were doing so, you wandered why would L call Light right now just to say 3 short phrases. Did something happen during that time when the two of you were away? Was new information about the Kira case discovered? Has L found out who Kira is? Your head ached just thinking of all these unanswered questions piled up in your not-so-awake brain, which could not let you think properly and logically. All you can do is to wait and see.

~Timeskip~

You and Light finally arrived at the headquarters in about 2 hours of late-night driving. The wind was blowing strongly through the trees, bushes, and swiping scraps of trash from the cold pavement. You hugged yourself tightly to keep yourself a little warmer. You gazed at the sky; it seemed like a storm is about to come in any minute. Lucky for you, Light stripped off his jacket and placed it over your shoulders.

"T-Thank you..." you said shyly. Your husband nodded, then grabbed your hand and off you went inside the headquarters.

Upon entering the room, you saw all of the members of the Kira investigation huddling up to watch the row of big flatscreen televisions laid across the table. On the front was, of course, none other than the detective, L. On his left and right were two younger men--one with blonde hair and a chocolate bar on his hand, and one with white hair and an action figure on his hand. The three turned their heads to you and smiled.

"Ah, Yagami-kun. Just in time," L said as he bit his thumb. "I'd like you to meet these two." He first pointed to the person with blonde hair. "This is Mello, also known as M." Then he pointed to the other one with white hair. "And this is Near, also known as N. These two boys are raised from the same orphanage as I am. One of them could possibly be my successor. So, to test them, I have sent them here for assistance in the Kira case."

Light nodded. "Hello. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mello, Near," he greeted politely.

You did not realize that the two boys were staring at you, as if they were intensely waiting for you to speak a word. Frantically, you bowed low and introduced yourself. "K-Kon'nichiwa..! My name is (Y/F/N). I-It's nice to meet you..!"

Mello bit a square off his king-sized chocolate bar. "(Y/F/N)-san..." he mumbled, letting out a chuckle under his breath.

Near dropped his toy on the floor and smirked. "Yagami Light-san and (Y/F/N)-san are married," he announced. You did not notice that he had been staring at your rings for a while. However, when he declared that, you and Light's cheeks turned pink. The rest of the members gasped in surprise and applauded, congratulating the two of you formally.

L pressed his index finger onto his lips and shushed the whole room. Once there was the silence he wanted, he beckoned Light to come watch whatever was on the television.You followed your husband to come peek at it. All of a sudden, his eyes grew large, and his grip on his briefcase tightened.

The detective began to explain. "We've recently caught one of the Kiras. He was first found by a group of agents walking on a crowded street of Tokyo at 10:27pm. The group first discovered that he was, indeed, Kira when he got into a verbal fight with a businesswoman passing by the opposite direction. It has been reported that he had ran out of words to say back at her, which made him mad enough to hide in a dark alley, bring out his own Death Note, and write the woman's name down. Fortunately, we have recovered the Note; it is currently in a highly protected area where only Mello, Near, and I know. It is still unknown where his death god is, but some had touched the notebook and is on the look out for any big, floating figures. As of now, he has been here for 3 hours,36 minutes and 39 seconds. The name of this Kira is..."

"Oshima Toru..." Light finished his sentence.

In the screen, Toru is shown to have been tightly captured and stored in an empty room with a single light above him. His clothes were all changed into white ones, and he was wearing a straight jacket. Belts that stretched across his neck, chest, hip and up to his lower legs were tightly fastened onto him. His eyes were shielded by something metallic. Toru was attached to an upright board.

"You are acquainted with Oshima-san in a way, Yagami-san?" Near questioned. L switched the microphone on so Toru could listen and reply to the current conversation.

Light looked down and was quiet for a few seconds. "Yes," he responded firmly. "Toru and I were friends."

"L-Light? I-I-Is that you?" Toru asked over the phone-like device.

"Yeah."

The unofrtunate man wanted to cry and scream and freak out because he badly desired to escape from his uncomfortable state. "H-Help me, Light..!" he pleaded desperately. "H-Help me! H-H-Help me!! Light, please help me!!! Help me get out of here quickly; I beg of you!"

"Why should Kira seek for help when he claims that he is the god of the world?"

"We have gone through a few questioning about Toru and any knowledge about the Kiras. In the end, he did not give us any information at all due to this traumatic event that is happening right now," the detective said. "As the head, I declare that Oshima Toru-san will face all his crimes with penalty..."

"N-No!! L-Light, please, you have to let me out! We're friends, right?! C'mon!! I-I'm innocent, I swear!! Someone, please let me go!!!" Toru let out a defening scream.

"...of execution."

Toru screamed even louder and flipped out. "LET ME GO! LIGHT! ANYONE! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!! SOMEONE, HELP ME!!!"

Light clenched his fists. "Yes, execution. This Kira must pay the price of causing a great level of trouble in this world. Do it today, as soon as you can."

You stared at Light with a worried look. "Light-kun..."