Beautiful Lie Disgusting Truth

Narrator's POV

The vehicle slammed into your delicate body. It made you collapse onto the cold ground. You could faintly hear the people calling out your name, and the loud thumps of fallen objects.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)!! Hey, wake up!!"

Light-kun... That was Light-kun's voice...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Your eyes slowly fluttered open. You could hear the constant beeping sound of the electrocardiogram beside you. The smell of the room indicated that you were in a hospital. You groaned in a low tone.

"H-Hey, she's awake!" a feminine voice said aloud. A bunch of people gathered around you, carrying surprised faces. Your eyes carefully scanned each person: your cousin, your aunt, and a few other relatives of yours. A nurse stepped closer to you. "How are you feeling, (Y/L/N)-san? Unfortunately, you have broke your left arm and lost a tiny portion of your memory because of that accident. You will have a check up in the next 5 hours. If you need assistance, I'll be glad to help." She bowed and left the room. You looked down to your arm and saw the cast.

Suddenly, you remembered Light. You didn't forget him and what he did. "Where's... where's Light-kun?" you asked worriedly, forcing yourself to get out of the bed, even though you have an unstable condition. Your heart was making the decision to find him."I need to go see him--"

"No, (Y/N). You must stay in bed until the doctor informs us," your aunt insisted as she laid you back in bed. You pouted and folded your arms, showing your childish side, which you thought would convince them to let you out of the room, but obviously didn't.

"You're aunt's right, (Y/N)-chan," your cousin added. "We'll be here for you, okay?"

You slightly nodded and sighed. "Okay..."

A couple of minutes later, Misaki came to visit you. She was carrying a beige tote bag, containing several items. "Hi, (Y/N)-chan. Are you feeling a little better now?"

"How can I feel better if the love that the person gave me was all a lie?"

Misaki sat by the bed. Her hand held your hand tightly. "Don't worry, (Y/N)-chan. I'll make you feel better, make you forget, okay?" She sent you a warm smile. You stiffly nodded in agreement. Happy with your response, she immediately brought out a bowl-shaped container that contained your favorite (F/Soup). "The doctor said you can't eat any solid food yet, so I brought your favorite!"

"How'd you know I liked (F/S)?"

"Your aunt told me so! By the way, she seems like a really kind person."

"Oh... Wait--you met my aunt?"

"Of course I did! I got on her good side. She even showed me your embarrassing photos of you when you were still four." She stuck her tongue out playfully and laughed. Your face turned red in embarrassment. "H-Hey! That's just...no!"

Misaki let out a laugh once more before she was able to reply. "I'm just kidding, (Y/N)-chan! Now eat up, or the soup will get cold."

You spent the whole day with Misaki. She took care of you, and also made you smile and laugh. She was really different than your previous friends you had in the past.

"I never experienced this kind of relationship with someone; the people who pass by me when I was young always had a close friend with them. I was kind of...jealous. That's why I'm thankful that we're friends," Misaki said. Tears suddenly slipped from her eyes. Tears of happiness? Guilt? It was a mixture of both. "Anyways, this day was really fun, don't you think? I'm really glad to be with you today, (Y/N)-chan." You both exchanged bright grins.

You were glad to be with her, too.

The time rockets by until it was 11:30 in the night. Misaki had already bailed an hour ago. Everyone else was fast asleep. You looked on both sides, and around the room, checking if anyone was still awake. "Alright," you said in your head. You carefully and quietly got out of your bed and managed to get outside without waking anyone up. You began to wander in the dark and silent hospital, hoping that you would see Light.

After going through almost every hallway, you loudly sighed. "This is hopeless, isn't it?"

The calm breezed brushed past you. You turned your head and saw a door that seems to lead you to the balcony. And so, you stepped outside, finally feeling the fresh air and hearing the sounds of the crickets chirping in the night again. "Ah--uh..." Someone stuttered, but it wasn't just anyone. You knew exactly who he was.

"Yagami-kun..."

"(Y/N), hey. I didn't expect you to come out of your room at this time."

He walked towards you with a guilty expression. He grasped both your shoulders, making your left one sting a bit, due of your injured arm. "Look, I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you mad like that. I don't know what made you feel that way, but... I could make it up for you! Don't let me lose you..." He sounded so innocent, as if he actually has no idea. You pulled back from his grip.

"Stop acting like you don't know that you have another girl! Go with her; I don't care anymore. I was already expecting this to happen..."

Silence filled the air. Light was squinting his eyes in disbelief. "Another girl? Wait a minute--when did you knew about that? Who was with you?"

"When it was break time at the headquarters with Misaki..."

His eyes widened in shock. "(Y/N), this was all set up by Hirokazu-san. She's a daughter of someone who's working on the Kira investigation. Have you already fallen on her trap?"

You gasped and fell to the ground on your knees. "You're right... I--no. No, that's not true. Misaki-chan's wouldn't do that..."

Light knelt down in front of you. He lifted your chin up and stared at you seriously. "You must kill Hirokazu Misaki and L."

"..."

"...What is it?"

"...I forgot L's name..."