Night not to be Forgotten

Wazzup minna-san?

Yes, yes. Updates are picking up some speed now. Ah, da struggles whenever you're trying not to cry in front of people while you're watching an anime... I guess I should watch less romance and more of action......NAH!

<insert crumpled, struggling, angry, suffering face here> =A= Ah, sumimasen, sumimasen. The challenges these days, you know?

Putting that aside, I've noticed your reactions from the last chappie and I found them highly interestii~ng... and so I made this special kind of chappie!

Well, I'm definitely not going to spice this chapter too much that you can't hold your fangirl screams anymore in your head (lies/but there's a possibility that you would...) so enjoooooyy~!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator's POV

Light set you down on the couch and darted his way to his room, closing the door shut. "L-..Light-kun...?" you mumbled. "Tsk, tsk. Light-kun's maaaad at you, (Y/N)-chan. You shouldn't just trust a stranger and give your exclusive "warm-hugs-for-my-Light", ya know?" the death god, Ryuk, teased, wiping his fake tears away with the nearest curtain. It looked disgusting in your view. "I think you should go apologize, though, (Y/N)-chan." Rem added as he took a bite on a fine-looking red apple. "I'm not going to apologize. He should be the one apologizing. Why would someone punch such a nice guy without any reason at all?" You clenched your fists, stood up from your seat and trailed off. "She doesn't really understand it, doesn't she?" Ryuk whispered to Rem. "Just give her more time to find it out."

You sat quietly at the steps, staring at your present for Light. If it wasn't for that, nothing like this would've happened. "Light...you idiot..." you muttered, brushing your fingers across your hair. "Why do you even have to punch the guy that helped me get a small present for you? I can't let you hate me...!" Tears started to run down your cheeks.

You wiped the remaining tears from your face and went upstairs, but froze. Light was standing at the landing of the second floor. Maybe this is the time to ask him, you thought. "W-..Why did you hurt my friend?" No answer from him. "W-What made you mad at me?" Again, no response. He simply sighed and walked back to his room. You hated it whenever he doesn't answer any of your questions, so you tugged his shirt in response. He widened his eyes a little and turned his gaze to you.

"W-Why won't you answer any of my questions, Light?! I don't want you to end up hating me..! So, tell me what did I do to make you mad me and...why did you punch my friend..?!" Silence filled the air. Everything was quiet; all you can hear are the sounds of nature. "...Sorry." you said softly. You were about to leave, but Light grabbed your wrist and slowly pinned you against the wall, gazing at your eyes with a very slight smile. A shade of red appeared in your face. Your heart was beating faster, unable of what to think if you're in a situation like this. "Don't apologize. I...I'm the one at fault." he finally spoke. "I guess I shouldn't have put my feelings first..." His voice was too faint that you could barely hear what the last sentence was. "But, stop thinking that I'm just using you like a toy and... I could never try to put myself to hate you, and that's that. Sorry." Light wiped your tears away and headed back to his room.

His words echo inside your mind a couple of times. "What does he mean by this..? Is this the side that I haven't discover about him yet??" you thought, deeply. The door from Light's room suddenly opened. He stuck his head outside and said: "You better go to bed now. Big day tomorrow night." After that, he shut the door. You tried to remember about this "big day" tomorrow. You constantly tapped your chin, playing with your fingers as you tried to recall it; you were at your room, which was formerly a wide storage room where the Yagami family kept all their "treasures", such as photographs that were taken in the past.

"What happened to you and Yagami-kun awhile ago?" a voice said from afar. You recognized his voice. "Rem, it's nothing. Now go shoo. I'm trying to sleep." you complained, pointing at the door, signifying her to get out. "Whatever you say, (Y/N)-chan. But soon, you're going to need my help once it works out. Jeez."

"Works out? Which works--" He already left before you could finish. All of a sudden, you remembered what's going to happen tomorrow night. "Oh yea," you snapped your fingers. "I have to meet the people in the Task Force who are willing to solve the Kira case with...L." A feeling of disappointment and anger filled up your head. "L...I'm going to end your life soon. Kira will soon rule this world. And I'm not going to surrender Light to you...!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHH, YESS YESS! What do you think about Light's hidden side, eh? Mmm, but I still don't feel this is enough to feed your heart, minna-saaaan... *smirks* I feel like writing more but I really just want to pick up the pace of updates. What do ya guys think? Should I make quick updates with these such length of the chappies OR should I make longer ones, but it will take a bit of time to publish it. What do y'all say? I need your witty suggestions. In that way, senpai could please you all! ^ω^

Welp, mata ne, minna-san~! I shall be continuing my journey with *cough* hidden desires. JKS Bai-bai! <3

-Miharu