Chaos in the Headquarters

You quickly stood up, causing the objects from your lap to fall to the wooden floor. Light flinched then turned his head to look at you. "(Y/N)? What's wrong?" your boyfriend asked, worriedly. You shook your head and ran upstairs to Light's room. "H-Hey!! Are you listening?!"

After entering, you desperately searched for Light's Death Note. Where did he put it? Where did he put it?! you mentally screamed. You emptied all his bags and suitcases, opened the closets and drawers, scanned the whole bookshelf, and even under his bed, but still found nothing. You twitched your eye and threw the books that were wrapped around your arms.

You heard fast footsteps, and soon recognized that it was Light's. "(Y/N)!" he exclaimed as he rushed over to you. He grabbed your chin and gazed at you intently. "Tell me! What happened to you?" 

Tears started to form in your (E/C) eyes. "Where's your Note?" you asked softly, yet with a little hint of anger. "Wh-Where is i-it?"

At first, he was confused, so he went downstairs, brought out the black notebook from a secured briefcase, and headed back. "Seriously, what's wrong--"

You snatched the Note from his soft grip, slammed it on his desk, and wrote largely--which will consume the whole left and right page--the name "Hirokazu Misaki". Light's eyes widened; now he understood all of these strange actions. He glanced at his watch while hearing your almost silent counting. 

38...39...40!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in the JTF headquarters--where only the members of the Kira investigation are permissible to enter, L peacefully sipped a cup of hot chocolate (a really sweet one), while staring at a static screen on his computer. "Well," he began, "the cameras were low quality, and the signal could not reach it here in the headquarters. It is for sure that Yagami-kun never heard of them,  neither did his girlfriend, (Y/L/N)-san." He twirled his finger in the air. "However, I believe that there are some other...creatures, I should say, that lurk inside his house. A ghost? A dark spirit? I know that this 'creature' cannot simply be seen by a human. Concluding, I think we should--"

The securely closed door opened, revealing Miharu with a seemingly valuable leather messenger bag that clung on her shoulder, locked safely with a nine-digit code that almost nobody could figure out, except for L. The detective whirled his chair around to face her. "I've been expecting you, Miharu-chan. What is it that you want to present to us?"

She stepped in. Souchiro, Matsuda, and the others turned and watched her approaching L. "What kind of evidence do you think Miharu-san will show to Ryuzaki-san?" the curious Matsuda whispered to the person next to him. The chief flicked his head. "Stop messing around at a time like this," he whispered back.

As Miharu continued to take steps closer to the detective, the people became more and more anticipated. All of a sudden, she stopped and flinched. The girl immediately turned around in astonishment. "Wh-Wh-Who are you?!" she gasped, tripping on her shoelace. In front of her very own eyes was the huge "creature". She had short hair that was detailed with blue, and markings on her pale face. Her arms stretched up to her bone-like knees. Overall, her appearance was quite skeletal in a way. "I am Rem, a death god," she announced. 

Miharu froze in place; she didn't move a muscle. The rest of the men inside the room had absolutely no clue why the girl suddenly reacted that way. "M-Miharu-san!" Matsuda and the others dashed to her, one of them grasping her arm tightly and shaking it. "Wh-What is it, Miharu-san? Is there something that we should..."

L stood up from his chair. He walked over to his petrified girlfriend. "Allow me to open your bag, Miharu-chan," he said, beginning to unlock it. "Let me help you, Ryuzaki-san!" the youngest member, Matsuda offered eagerly.

"Y-You don't see it?! It's standing right in front of us!!" Miharu screamed. The death god was certainly entertained with her actions. "Wh-Why can't they see you?" 

"Here it is!" Matsuda exclaimed, holding a black notebook up in the air excitedly. He turned his head to the side and screamed, causing the object to fall on the floor. "GAAAH!! Wh-Wh-Wh-What are you?!" 

"I am Rem, a death god."

He screamed even more. The detective took the opened notebook and flipped to the first page that had a list of rules. "Death...Note? What...what is this?" he said to himself. It said:

How to use it:

1. The human whose name is written in this Note shall die.

2. This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.

3. If the cause of death is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen.

4. If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.

5. After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds

His eyes widened in disbelief. "What is this?" He turned to the next several pages and found out that there was even more rules. He turned a couple of more pages and discovered a page filled with different names of the people who died within the end of the previous month and this month. "So this is Kira's tool..."