Catastrophe

Narrator's POV

"Realize what?"

"Realize that I'm in love with you."

Your face began to turn scarlet red, and your jaw dropped in surprise. You were unable to speak or react properly; your heart was beating fast. He took your hand and wrapped his around yours, staring at you seriously. "I mean it," he said.

You lowered your head and pulled back. "N-No... I don't want to..."

You had grown feelings for Light ever since the first time you met, but you made sure that you stored the truth inside your heart. However, you tried to let these feelings fade away, because you fear that he only sees you as entertainment, that he, Kira, was basically using you as a worthless bait, that everything was a disgusting lie.

"...I don't want to!"

You dropped down on your knees, clenching your fists. "I'm scared about everything..!"

"(Y/N)..."

"I don't want to experience the pain that my mother did..." You began to narrate: "my mom suffered too much, too much that you can't even believe it (for me, at least). He treated her like a toy--an object for a child to play around with, and thrown away when one lost interest in it. She was beaten up countless times, in front of my very own eyes. Seeing the scars and bruises in my mother's skin...hurts me. But you know what's the worst above all? The lie that lingers from under. My father never loved her...after all of what my mother seen and felt... I don't want that to happen to me just because I like y--..."

Light knelt down and cupped your blushing cheek, wiping the tears slowly dripping down there. "Do you really think I would do that? Do you really think I'd lie right now?" 

You kept quiet. Unfortunately, he found your eyes. He brushed away the strands of hair covering your face. "I like you, (Y/N)." 

Your face turned red again. "I-Idiot! Stop telling your filthy lies."

"I'm not lying," he said. He went closer to your ear and whispered, "I like you, (Y/L/N)-san." 

"S-S-Stop!!" Your face became redder as he laughed at your reaction. "No, I won't stop till you tell me," Light declared, smiling.

"Tell you what?"

"Tell me that you like me," he chuckled, sticking his tongue out playfully. 

"Ha! Like I'd actually tell you."

Light smashed his lips against yours. Your cheeks began to flush; you tried to think fast of what to do at this situation. He wouldn't pull back, so you decided to be the one to. "Fine! I'll tell you!!" you finally said. You took a deep breath. "I like you, Light-kun!" 

A big smile spread across his face. You smirked, looking away. Light pulled you into a hug. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been two weeks since the two of you started dating, although you still weren't that comfortable acting in a different manner with him yet, with all the kisses and hugs you received from him. It was quite embarrassing for you.

You were alone outside, cooling off, since Light told you that he had to attend two important meetings with L and the rest of the members in the Kira investigation today. He also told you that today's the day, the day where L, the famous detective, shall be erased from this world.

"(Y/N), I want you to write his name down your Note at exactly 7:59 in the evening. There will be a break between 7:05 and 7:15, so if you need anything, I'll be there, at the end of the hallway of the meeting room, which is at the 6th floor. Make sure to get rid of any of those who interfere. Don't do anything stupid, okay?" He ended it with a chuckle, and a kiss in your forehead.

You glanced at your watch. 6:48pm: the first meeting is about to end in less that 20 minutes. The Death Note was inside your bag, wrapped around in a dark shade of fabric, and blended in among a bunch of notebooks. "L Lawliet, you have around an hour to live. Kira will finally create and rule the new world. Better say goodbye to those worthless creatures who look up to you," you said with an evil grin plus a chuckle. 

"Huh? (Y/N)-chan?" a familiar voice questioned. Misaki. You turned your head around. "Oh, it's you, Misaki-chan. What brings you here?" 

"The same thing why you're here," she replied, approaching and joining you watch the sunset. "Hey, do you want to go to the headquarters together? Besides, I have something to show you." 

You nodded and walked with Misaki to the building, a few blocks away from where you're at. 

You reached the headquarters. Misaki led you to the 6th floor, in a private office. She dug into a drawer full of different files, then grabbed the velvet-colored folder and tossed it on the table, revealing photos that seemed taken recently. "Wh-What are those?" you asked nervously. 

"See for yourself," she answered, handing you the pile of pictures from inside. The first one you saw was Light, but what made your heart skip a beat was the woman who had her arms wrapped around his waist. You looked at the next photo and saw Light and the same woman again. You quickly flipped through the images, hands shaking in fear. "N-No... This can't be..." 

You let out a deafening scream and threw all of them in the air, scattering them onto the floor. "I knew it..."

"(Y/N)-chan..." 

You laughed softly, placing a hand on your forehead. "How foolish could I be? After all the wasted time I spent on him... as expected from Yagami Light." You slowly stepped back and dashed outside the door, leaving the building.

Along the way, you saw Light, who was staring at you in surprise, gladness, and confused at the same time. "(Y/N)? Hey, wait!" 

You ignored him. Looking at him just makes you disappointed. You sniffed and wiped your own salty tears away and boosted your pace. You sensed that he was runninng after you. 

"(Y/N)! Wait! Hey!!" 

You continued to run until you got outside. You spotted Light's figure sprinting till he reached you. "(Y/N), what has gone into y--"

"Stay away!! Stay away, you liar!" 

Light gave a puzzled expression. "Liar? Wait, don't tell me..." 

You turned around ran across the road, hoping that he'd lost you from his sight. 

"Wait, (Y/N)! It's dange--" He caught a glimpse at the incoming truck approaching you. "Look out!!" 

You spun your head around and gasped.