Promise To His Beloved

The atmosphere grew silent, but only the strong raindrops that fell from the dim clouds could be heard. You stood there, waiting attentively for her response after blurting out her full name.

Thirty seconds was enough for her to realize that you could kill her in an instant starting from this very moment. From out of the blue, she began to laugh.

"Way to go, (Y/N)-chan. But, your desperation to end my life with a Death Note won't succeed," she said, showing off a sly grin.

"I know there's some trick up your sleeve. Whatever that is, I won't allow it to get in Kira's way. Kira is just a few steps nearer of being the god of the new world that he will create. Erase all of the unworthy and producing a kingdom of peace. That's the goal and nobody can stand to be in the way." You sent her your signature death glare before tipping over due to your haziness.

The sound of the old rusty door leading to the balcony was slowly pushed open. In the other side revealed a worried Light. He rushed into you and wrapped his arms around you. He glanced at Miharu who wore an insuppressible expression.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)-chan?" Light asked, highly concerned. He placed a hand on your forehead. You blushed as you tried to breathe normally.

"I-I'm fine, Light-kun..." you whispered to him.

Light looked at Miharu once more in complete anger, letting his grip on you tighten. "You... What have you done to (Y/N)?" he questioned in a harsh voice. "Speak."

All of a sudden, L appeared from the door. He cleared his throat for your attention then shoved his mini-sized chocolate glazed doughnut in his mouth. He licked the tips his fingers one by one. After that, he waddled over to the girl.

"Yagami-kun, would you mind not saying such rude commands to Miha-chan," he said, standing beside Miharu.

"Well I wouldn't have said that if it wasn't for her upsetting (Y/N)-chan," Light shot back.

L flung an arm around his partner. "Clearly, it was not Miha-chan who made (Y/L/N)-san upset. If anyhow, it was her that made Miha-chan sad."

"How are you supposed to know what happened. You were never there when that happened. Don't jump into peculiar conclusions."

"Same goes to you."

You took your foot down. "That's enough!!" you shouted. "Stop acting like children already. Both of you guys are wrong."

"(Y/N)-chan, you don't have to get involved in this," Light said. "I don't want you to get hurt." He set you aside and stood in front of you. "L, I will continue to serve the Japanese Task Force, collect information, double my work, anything. But if something bad happens to (Y/N) because of you, her, or anyone else, they won't be able to take one more breath. I mean all of it." He snatched your wrist and dragged you inside, far away from them. "Let's go, (Y/N)." The two of you headed straight home.

Your cheeked reddened at the thought of your husband saying such words. Just thinking about it gives you mixed emotions; you have no idea whether to be extremely happy that he cherishes you as much as you cherish him, or to be extremely worried because he could be a killer just for your safety, even though he may start to go too far.

Once you reached your home, you let out a long sigh. "Maaan, why is this always-" Your eyes grew at the sudden realization that you and Light were totally drenched because of the rain. Your face heated up to what seemed like a hundred degrees. You tried to cover your chest since your clothes could now be seen-through. However, your eyes could not avoid the fact that your love was in the same situation as you are. You could clearly see his muscles through his wet polo.

You internally shook your head. Snap out of it, (Y/N)! A normal girl wouldn't lock her gaze on some guys muscles!! You quickly tried to find something else to look at.

"D-...D-Don't look this way..!" you stammered.

Light raised a brow, then chuckled. "If you think covering your chest like that would work, then think again."

Your cheeks flamed. "Y-YOU H-H-HENTAI!!" You kicked him, sending his chibi form flying to to sofa. You grasped your damp hair in frustration. "Aa-! Why did I choose to marry a hentai like him?"

"Agh, come on, (Y/N)-chan. Let's just get ourselves dry," Light said. He walked over to the bathroom to grab some towels. "You better get used to me soon. We're married, and we're not supposed to hide anything from each other."

"U-huh. Like your secretive hentai side you've been hiding to me all these time."

After fetching the towels, he took off your jacket and started drying you up. You blushed at the thought of him treating you like a child, and him rubbing the piece of cloth over your skin. "Y-You don't have to do it for me; I-I can do it myself, you know..."

He shook his head. "Now put your hands up," he commanded. You accidentally obeyed him and twitched your eye. He's definitely treating me like a child!! you screamed in your head.

"Oka~y!! That's enough now! I'm all good now," you declared immediately. This time, you dried him. You placed a dry towel on his head and smiled sincerely. "T-Thank you..." you murmured, "for defending me out there..."

He sent back a wider smile. "Anything for you, (Y/N)-chan," he said. "Although," he rubbed his chin, "are you really okay? Have you gotten any important info about Hirokazu Misaki?"

"Her name isn't Hirokazu Misaki; it's Koyoma Miharu. I saw her name with my death god eyes. But..." You fiddled your fingers and bit your lip. You wondered on how to tell Light about Miharu discovering that you are one of the Kiras.

He knew your current state, that you didn't know how to explain your situation to him. He cupped your tinted-pink cheek. "That's alright, (Y/N)-chan. Tell me."

You took one deep breath. "She knows it now. She knows that I am one of the Kiras. Light-kun, what am I supposed to do?"

He went forward to give you a long, passionate kiss.

"I promise you won't ever be put in danger, (Y/N)," he said." The whole world will have to face me first before they lay a finger on you."