Hidden Secrets

Narrator's POV

Yagami Light.

Light was the man who stood in front of the two of you with pure rage on his eyes; he dropped his suitcase on the floor, still staring at you two. Kanou pulled his arms away from you so quickly, hoping highly that the expression from him would change, but he was wrong. Instead, Light stomped towards the boy, grabbed his collar, and threw his body to the wall, making a loud thump, and a little crack. Kanou coughed hardly as he regained his balance. "Light-kun!" you shouted, grasping a part of his sleeve tightly for him to stop. He ignored you, tugging his arm repeatedly to break free. "What do you think you're doing to (Y/N)?!" he scowled at Kanou, throwing a couple of punches in the air, targeting him. Terrified, he ran out of the house as quick as he can. Light attempted to chase him, but luckily you stopped him. "Light-kun, that's enough."

He locked his gaze to you, then squeezed your two arms. "Who was he, (Y/N)?! You should know that you're not supposed to easily trust people and invite them here! (Y/N), you'll never be safe without me. Y--" His eyes suddenly widened as he realized what he just said, face starting to hint a light shade of red. He released your arms and shrugged. You began to blush. "Sorry," he mumbled, turning away and trailed off. Before he was out of your reach, you took his hand. "Um...sorry. I shouldn't have done that..." you muttered, not meeting eye contact with him. "...Thank you, by the way.."

He sighed and placed a hand on your shoulder, very close to your neck. "I can't afford to lose someone like you. The world is cruel; you and I are the only ones to face it. That's why..." he paused, searching for the right words to say. "...live for me."

Heck, you know it so well that you've always wanted to say the exact same thing to Light, but shyness and anxiety hits you. You opened your mouth to speak, but nothing comes out; you started to shake. Light gave up waiting for a response. He sent you an apologetic look and left.

At your room, you sat against the wall, embracing your knees. Light's words could not get out of your head. "That's why...live for me."

The calm breeze went inside the room, telling that you should take a break from thinking about Light. You stood up, carelessly brushed your hair with your fingers, and set out for the continuation of your jog.

Wind constantly brushed pass you as you kept a slow pace. You started to walk after seeing shops at the streets. Pretty crowded today, you thought. About half a block away, you spotted two people having a sort of serious conversation: one was a guy who had black, shaggy hair, glasses, and seemed a few inches taller than you, while the other was a girl who wore everything black that matches her hair color, and was as the same height as you. You squinted your eyes and analyzed them for a brief moment.

At that very moment, you quickly knew who they were.

Kanou and Misaki.