Another New Beginning

~At the JTF Headquarters~

Mello was walking down across the wide, empty hallway, another chocolate bar in his right hand, and a pistol on his left. He bit off a corner of his food and proudly chewed on it loudly, so that the sound could echo.

"Mello," a lazy voice called from the end of the hall.

The blonde man turned his gaze to his white-headed partner, Near, who had two tall bodyguards on each of his side. "Near," he said back, then immediately pulled up his gun and pointed it at his head.

The boy did not react. Unlike the two men, they both brought out their weapons and got ready to fire. Near smirked and told the men to drop their guns down.

"But, sir-" one of the men complained for his boss's life seemed like it was on the line.

Near cut him off with a raise of his hand. He then dragged it to his hair and twirled a section of it.

"Heh," he laughed, "still wanna keep your guard down even though I could shoot you in a second. You're such a fool."

"Look who's talking."

Mello twitched his eye. He fired his pistol in frustration at him.

Startled, the bodyguards quickly rushed to Near's front. Fortunately, Mello's gun ran out of bullets already. The white-haired boy applauded slowly and sarcastically. "Nice performance," he commented with a straight face.

"Hmph." Mello took off his heavy coat and slung it behind his shoulder. "I would've shot you, you know." He walked past Near with the heels of his leather boots repeatedly clapping against the tiled floor.

"Listening to women's conversations can be quite fun, no?" Near asked right when his partner was at the edge of his frame of vision. He turned around so that he could face Mello.

"Tch. It was just filth," he responded. "But there was some info I collected between parts." He got out an audio recorder from his pocket and tossed it to the boy. "If you refuse to believe me, you can hear it for yourself." Mello ate a piece of his chocolate and entered a room.

"Miha-chan, are you sure you're alright?" the detective asked her, stuffing his mouth with marshmallows of different pastel colors.

"Yes, L, I'm alright. I think I did pretty well there, don't you think?" Miharu sighed. "But I'll admit, for the whole period of time I spent with (Y/N)-chan, I had a really great time. Too bad it had to end up like this."

He nodded his head. "That will be the second to the last conversation you can ever have to (Y/N)-san. I am asking you not to have any hard feelings about that matter."

"I understand."

Near barged in the door with a CD between his fingers and a mad smirk plastered on his face. "It's ready, L," he said.

L bit his thumb. "Good. Now let me hear everything the second Kira exposed."

--------------------------------------------------

After finishing a relaxing bath, you shuffled to Light's room as you rung your hair onto your (f/c) towel. "Light-kun, the bath's ready for you!" you called.

For a couple of seconds, you received no response. So, you peeked inside the bedroom and saw him busy writing names down his Death Note as he watched the news of recently arrested criminals and scrolled through files on his laptop of criminal records. You sighed and marched towards him, wrapping your arms from behind his back.

"You're really busy today, huh?" you asked him, playfully poking his cheek. "You've been here sitting in this chair since foreveeer. You should stop and take a rest now~."

Light shook his head. He closed his Note then rose. "What's this?" he asked. "Begging for my attention?" He stroked your cheek with a seductive expression on his face. Your face reddened.

"E-Ehm, u-uh-no way!!!" You crossed your arms and avoided eye contact with your husband. You only made him amused. With that, he pecked your soft lips once, twice, then thrice.

"I'll go take a bath now," Light said while patting your head. "It's your turn to use the Death Note until I come back, okay?"

"Yea, yea," you nodded.

As you were parting ways, you felt a sudden rush of dizziness, and your vision became blurry for a second, which made you lose your balance. Light sensed your trouble and immediately caught you back on your feet. You leaned on his chest, panting.

"(Y/N), are you okay??" he questioned worriedly. He touched your forehead to see if you have any sickness, but you shoved his hand away.

"I'm fine, I-I'm fine..." you responded in an unstable voice.

"Idiot! You don't seem to be the least bit fine at all!" Light carried you to the bed like a delicate flower, then hurriedly contacted a doctor to come at your house.

A few moments after she came, you were asked to tell your condition before she could know how to check you up. You told her about you collapsing from out of the blue, and also about how the same thing occurred just recently. The doctor did a couple of tests and more questions on your body to confirm her hypothesis on the problem. Finally, she came into a solid conclusion.

"Yagami-san," she said, zipping her bag, "you do not have any illnesses to worry about. You are just fine. However, I suppose this is going to be the first time for the two of you to hear."

Light went closer. "What is it, sensei?"

The doctor smiled. "There is a baby in your wife's tummy, Yagami-san."

Your eyes grew large as you turned your head to look at Light, who was twice surprised as you are. You gazed down to your belly and touched it. You chuckled heartily, tears forming in your eyes.

I'm having the baby of Light-kun and I.