The Third Kira

You immediately stood up from the couch and turned off the television. "Liiiight!!!" you called out, loud enough so that it could be heard all throughout the house. You jogged your way through his room with totally mixed emotions, ranging from surprise to relief. What might Light feel if he hears about this? Would he feel the exact same way you feel? Meh, probably not.

"Hm? Something you need to tell me, (Y/N)-chan?" Light responded when you reached the open door to his room.

"Yes, Light-kun." You stepped inside and took a deep breath. "When I was watching the news, there was this suspect of a crime. And... a few seconds after the reporter introduced the subject, she received an interruption that the suspect was dead, and the cause was a heart attack. Now, wouldn't that mean that there was... another Kira?"

Light rubbed his chin. "Well, that could be possible, since we both got our Death Notes stolen. L wouldn't kill someone again if he wants to stop Kira." He chuckled softly, but menacingly. "If there's actually another Kira, then I want to meet him." An evil grin plastered his face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hah, so this actually works. Sweet." He plopped down on his bed and took the last gulp of his energy drink, and then crushing it.

"I've been telling you a hundred times, Toru," the death god, whose name is Nora, said. "What are your plans now that you've tested it?"

Toru let out a mischievous laugh. "I'm going to kill some more. I'm going to kill every single human that gets in my way, and every single human that mocked me in my past. I was branded as Kira, wasn't I? Well then, it's time to play the role of Kira!"

Nora sighed as she rolled her eyes. "How did a pissy guy like you picked up my Death Note anyways, huh?"

The young man leaned back, resting his head on a pillow. "T'all started yesterday, at the streets..."

~Toru's Flashback~

"Hey, Toru! That was a smash hit last week, eh? See you around!" one of his friends, Kento, said from afar as he waved his hand in the air.

"Yeah! See ya' Kento!" he shouted back. Toru grabbed his guitar and carried it on his back. He walked across the busy streets until he reached the shop where they make the best masks in the country.

"Yo, Hatake-kun. Long time no see," he greeted upon entering. Hatake was a very close friend of his when he was young. She would always be there to help him out with his problems. It was just recent that he discovered that his close childhood friend was inside the city.

"Toru-kun??" Hatake gasped in surprise. She turned her gaze to him and stared at him briefly as she processed her thoughts. "Oh, it is you! Long time no see, indeed! You've actually changed a lot, Toru-kun,"

Toru scratched the back of his head. "Heh, yea, I guess..." He walked over to the counter, where he saw a platinum wall reserved for all of the best, most expensive, and highest quality masks. "You made all of these?" he asked, pointing at them. A girl--who seemed to be a waitress with her tan and gray uniform--approached Toru and served him a creamy cup of coffee, along with a few sachets of sweeteners. Toru nodded in thanks and the girl smiled excitedly; it already looked like she was, apparently, fangirling inside.

"Yup. Every single mask you see inside this store is all made by me." Hatake chuckled a bit. "So, did you want to order a mask, or just hang out?" she asked while crossing her arms.

Toru took a sip of his coffee and slammed it on the table. "Of course, I'm here to order, idiot."

She chuckled once more. "Well, I guess you've never changed that personality of yours!" She passed on the Order List paper and a black pen to him. Toru grabbed the pen and gazed at the paper. Unexpectedly, he ran into a name, a very familiar name he heard from somewhere. "K-...Koyoma... M-Miharu..." His cheeks turned bright pink once he realized. 

"Ah, Miharu. Koyoma Miharu--the girl that we would always hang out with in elementary school, the girl who all the boys in our class likes, the girl who you like," Hatake explained, bursting out of laughter after stating that.

Toru's face turned tomato red in a split second. "I-Idiot!! D-Don't bring back those embarrassing moments again! Ugh, besides, that was a long time ago; I don't feel anything for her. Pft." 

"Say it while you still can," she winked. "But I heard that she's taken already."

He rolled his eyes and wrote down his order. At last, he rose from his chair and baded his friend goodbye. 

As he strolled across the streets, he thought about Miharu. "Miharu's... in the city, eh..?" he mumbled to himself. He remembered all of the good and bad things that happened between the two of them--mostly bad. Then, he thought about what Hatake had said: "...she's taken already." He clenched his fists  and kicked stray pebbles that were on his way. While he was doing so, his phone vibrated. He answered the phone immediately. "Moshi-moshi?"

It was just a voicemail. "Ah, hello. Toru-kun? This is your father. Uh, your mother and I will have to leave you for a while... Big business trip tonight. Just try not to be a clumsy little boy again. Haha, goodbye, Toru-kun.

His arms dropped like a ragdoll, although he still held onto his phone. He sighed and sluggishly kept his phone in his pocket--but it vibrated again. He picked up. "Moshi-moshi?"

"Toru, this is Michio. Look... we've made up our mind.

"Michio? W-What do you mean 'made up our mind'..?"

"...We found a new guy that plays the bass guitar. He's really downright epic and stuff, even the gang thinks so, too. So, uh--"

"Wait a second... are you telling me that you've replaced me??"

"Well... it's for the better of the band, you know. Gotta sacrifice sometimes, you know. Anyways, it's been fun playing with you. See you later, Toru." Michio hung up the phone.

Toru was speechless. First, Miharu, then my parents, and now even them?! he screamed inside his head. My life sucks! It sucks!! He bumped all the people in his way as he stormed off.

The only thing that made him stop was a thump on his head; something fell down. He rubbed his head and saw a notebook with the title "Death Note" on the front cover. He was confused. How could a random death-threatening notebook fall from the sky when there's no buildings, nor planes around him, and why did it fell on him? Toru knelt down to pick up the Note and dragged his hands across it. "Death... Note, huh?" He laughed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heya guysh! Finally, after a long period of time, you get to read another of my A/N's~

HAPPY NEW YEAR, MINNA-SAN!!! (...I know, late-ish, but oh well.)

Apparently, I cannot make a really juicy chappie for all y'all, BUT do not fear, for the next chappie shall be something you would definitely want to..just...SCREAM (I guess ^-^") !! 

I thank you--yes YOU!--for reading this fanfic and supporting it until the end of the year! <3 you all and have a good day, or evening, minna-san~!!