Over-Protective Him

Heya minna-san!!!!!!!!

I hate to break it to you, but...

SHIPPING HAS TAKEN OVER MY LIEF!! 

Recently, I've been shipping a lot of anime characters from different animes. Every now and then, I shout through typing: (and you ask: how is that possible?!? It's called caps, my friend) "____ x ____ = OTP FOR LIEEEEFFF!!!!! OMG YUSHHH", which I can tell that they are highly annoyed with my moe-y-ness. So, um, watch out for me, I guess...

WELP! JUST ENJOY YOUR CHAPPIE FOR NOW~!  (Light x Reader=OTP!!! XD)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Light's POV

I woke up at the sound of shattering glass from downstairs. I rubbed my sleepy eyes and proceeded to check where the noise was coming from.

"Argh! Quit it Ryuk! Let me just...no!" it must've been (Y/N)-chan and the death gods blabbering about something. "Hey, what's all the wreckage down here?" I said, gruffly. The three froze and stiffly turned their heads to me. "Well?"

"U-Um..L-Light-kun, it's nothing, actually. We just dropped a plate or two, that's all. Nothing to worry about." she responded, hiding her hands behind her back. "Then what's with your hands, eh?" I walked up closer to her, and attempted to examine her hand. "Oh, it got cut." Rem casually said. I swiftly snatched her hand to see. There was dark red blood oozing down her fingers. I lifted my head to glance at (Y/N), then back to her hand. "Light-kun, you don't have to do this. I can do it by myself." I ignored her and quickly treated the cut. 

"..Thank you." (Y/N) said softly, while rubbing her bandanged cut. "Hey, no problem. I'm just returning what you owe me. In fact, this is kind of a small thing to do, so expect more." We both gave each other a warm smile, then looked away. "Just heal yourself, Light-kun. I don't want you to get hurt again..." (Y/N) murmured at the last sentence, shuffling her feet on the ground and covering her face with her hair so that she won't let me see her face. I lifted her chin up and ran my fingers down her soft, (h/c) hair. "I will."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator's POV

While Light was resting at home, you decided to sneak outside to buy him a small present; maybe Hokaben (Note: Hokaben is any kind of bento bought at take-out bento shops), you thought. You had to admit, sneaking away from him without him knowing was a tough decision to make. Light would probably wake up from his slumber and go out to find you, and you do not want that to happen. You brought your Note and Rem with you, just in case anything happens.

As you were dashing around the streets, a bright ray of light shone from afar, along with motorcyle noises. Yes, a motorcycle was approaching. The vehicle accurately stopped right beside you.

The man riding the motorcycle took off his helmet, flipped his light brown hair, and turned his gaze to you. It wasn't Light, it was someone else. He was wearing a red and black long-sleeved top under a cream sleeveless vest with fur trim, and goggles with orange lens. "Hi! Name's Matt!" he greeted as he extended a hand to you. "Hop on? I can take you wherever you need to go." He seemed like a nice guy, you thought. You nodded in agreement and took his hand. 

"Where to, fair maiden?" he asked, politely. "Just over there, a few blocks away. Somewhere there." you pointed at the your favorite bento shop that looked like it was still open. "Sure thing!" he exclaimed. Now, off you went to buy Light that present. 

"Ryuk?" Light called, rubbing his forehead. "What is it, Light? This better be worth my time. I need to find a store where they sell those juicy red apples." the death god replied, while he was skimming through a magazine. "You know where (Y/N)-chan went?" 

"Uhm..." 

A few minutes of mentally brutaling Ryuk by eating mostly all of the apples in his fridge, he finally spoke the truth. "Oki! Oki! You got meh. Dun eat that apple or I'll write yer name down meh notey!" he told with an immature expression. "(Y/N)-chan went outside to get something. See? Nothing to worry much about." Light clenched his fists and swore under his breath. "You idiot!!"

You bought that present for Light, with the help of Matt, of course, and headed back home. "Thanks for helping me, Matt-sama." you thanked with a gentle smile.  "No problem. Call me when you need me, okay?" He took a few steps forward to give you a hug. 

Light quickly wore his coat and slammed the front door open. At the opposite end of where he was standing, he spotted you and a guy embracing. Light sprinted his way to the two and punched the man right in the face. "Light-kun!!" you shouted, rushing to Matt to help him stand up. "What do you think you're doing, Light?!" you dropped the "-kun" for you were completely frustrated at his actions. "I'm okay, (Y/N)-chan." Matt coughed, rising from the cold pavements. "I really must be going now. Bye, see ya' soon." He trailed off and drove away with his motorcycle.

"Light...-kun..." you mumbled sincerely, preventing eye contact from him. Light was silent; he didn't talked after jabbing Matt. "I'm not happy with you tonight, (Y/N)." he finally spoke, but with a harsh tone. He swiped you off the ground and carried you home. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ouuu! YESHH! TSK TSK! Apparently, you have been a naughty girl. No worries, reader-chan, author-senpai is here to make the story a LOT jucier (huehuehuehue). Stay tuned for the next update, and like I said from before, I SHALL update within a week, no matter how hard it'll get. Welp, I shall be fangirling over my ships now (and read doujinshi...)! FAREWELL minna-san~!

-Miharu-senpai <33