Facing Your Opponents

Salutations minna-san!

Gomenasai for this LATE update. I had a really tight schedule this week, so I didn't had a lot of time to write this new chapter. Well, I tried to make this chappie as long as I can. Sorry again, minna-san! >.< Please take my cookies.

Anyways, let's get on with the chappie and this "big event" you've all been waiting for! Enjoo~y!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator's POV

You woke up early at the sound of your phone ringing. At this time? you thought. You picked up the phone and-

"(Y/N)-chaaaaaaaaan~!!" said a cheerful and wide-awake girl, also known as Misaki. "Oh, hi Misaki-chan. What's up?" you replied dully, rubbing your sleepy eyes. "I'm just telling you that the big day is today! That means we can go meet you and Light-san! My, you two are such a cute couple! See you there, byeee~!" after that, she quickly hung up.

Yes, today's the day where you and Light can finally see L's face. You wanted to kill him in an instant, so there would be no one else to stop Kira. You dressed and jolted outside for a quick jog.

Out there, it was peaceful. No one to bug you, no one to cause a fight, just pure peace. You felt the constant breeze that brushed past you. You felt wonderful today.

But your alone time didn't last long, as usual. Just as you were about to detour, a hand grabbed yours. You turned around and it was Matt. "Ma-Matt! What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I did a quick jog around the streets, then I saw you. What a coincidence!" he chuckled. "I'll bring you home, shall I?" You nodded in agreement. Just for now, you thought. The two of you headed straight back to Light's home, which you consider as yours, too.

"Well, catch you around later!" Matt said, waving goodbye as he started jogging back home. You waved as well. As you were walking over to the front door, you felt someone was watching you awhile ago. It could be Ryuk, or Rem... but what if it was Light? You opened the door and seemed like no one was home, or maybe they were still asleep. "Hello?" you called. "(Y/N)? Is that you?" Light responded from upstairs. He made his way down while rubbing his sleepy eyes. If Light just woke up, then who was the one spying?

"Yea. I just went outside for a quick jog." you said, while heading to the kitchen. You served Light breakfast ad gave yourself a glass of (f/drink).

At the table, Light told you important things you should remember for the event. "In a few hours before we leave, (Y/N). Tonight, we'll be heading to the headquarters to have a meeting with the task force, along with L, leader of solving their Kira case. I suggest not to ask him any personal information, unless it's needed to. And one more thing, do not bring the Death Note with you. If one of us finds out L's real name, write it after a week or two has passed. Understand?"

You nodded in approval. You didn't want to let him down. You wanted to impress him with all the possible things you could do. Looking at the clock, you noticed the event is just a few hours away. You went upstairs to prepare for tonight.

Across the hallway, you saw a floating figure, most likely Rem. "Rem?" you called, if that was him. You wanted to ask a favor to this death god. "Yes, (Y/N)-chan?"

You thought about it for a brief moment. "...I want to do the deal." Rem's eyes grew wide. "You decided to do the trade? Are you sure about this?"

"Yes... I want the eyes." And so, he traded you the death god eyes for half of your life. "I hope it will be worth it.." you thought. You proceeded straight to your room to get ready.

Finally, the time has come. The two of you, which are still pretending to be a couple, went to the headquarters, where L and everyone else are waiting, along with the two death gods. 

Before you entered the room, Light reminded you. "Remember not to make things complicated, okay? I don't want them to think the wrong thing about us." He then opened the door, all of the people who contribute in the Kira case. At the end of the room, there sat L who was taking a bite of his slice of cake. "Is that... L??" you thought. You tried to use your death god eyes to find out his name. Unfortunately, he went out of sight from a bunch of people. "Ah, Light-kun! There you are." a man walked over the two of you. He turned his gaze to you. "Is this your girlfriend, hm?" 

"Oh, um, yes, dad." Light replied, looking away to hide his red face. You did the same as well. "Light-kun, got time to talk?" He nodded in approval. And so, the two of them trailed off for an important discussion. 

All of a sudden, something sharp poked you from behind. You turned around and saw L, holding a fork and his cake. "You're (Y/N), right? I am L. Nice to meet you." Your heart skipped a beat for a second. 

No, this can't possibly be... L??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welp, that's all I could do, minna. Apologies again for this late update! Argh, I'll do my best to speed up the updates and all. The next chapter is going to be the big event part 2, with lots of spices and sugar. *bounces eyebrows* 

Goodbye for now, minna-san and good luck at life~!

~Miharu-senpai <3