If It Wasn't for You

Gomenasai, minna!!

Sakka(Author) wasn't able to write the update within a week because of, you know, HOMEWORK AND PROJECTS. Right now, I am now DONE with my manga project for my English class, so updates shall become in ship-shape again! ^-^

I tried hard to find time to write this; it's one of my responsibilities to give you a satisfying chapter, so thank you for waiting, and my apologies if your patient bubble bursted... (-; ) gomen ne.

Enjoy this chappie, minna~!!

[PS: BIG SURPRISE FOR ALL Y'ALL AT THE END]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s POV

Kanou and Misaki? They know each other? Since when? I stored these questions later; I have to find Light-kun and tell him. I brought out my phone and quickly took a picture of them before they were out of sight.

"Wait, wait, so that guy and this "Misaki" know each other?"

"Apparently, yes. And it;s suspicious. Kanou-kun felt fully recovered, as if nothing happened."

He closed the book he was reading and rose from his seat. "Yes. It is suspicious. Especially when it seems like they're really close. Keep a close eye on Misaki and Kanou if you ever see one another again." I nodded in agreement, eventually brainstorming of plans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator's POV

"Well done, well done, Akiyama-san," the one-and-only greatest detective said, loudly munching on the homemade chocolate-covered potato chips Miharu had given this morning. Kanou gave a slight chuckle and accepted a cup of freshly brewed tea. "It was the best I could."

"And with this recording," Miharu began, "we now have additional evidence that (Y/N) is hiding something." She passed the CD--containing the file--to L. L narrowed his eyes to hers. "How sure are you that (Y/L/N) is the second Kira, though?" 

"Trust me, L. I am 100% sure that she is, and I'm 100% sure that she knows the first Kira." she replied, her face formed a mischievous smile. 

"Just make sure you won't lose (Y/N)'s trust, Miharu-chan." he added, then faced back to the computer screen. "Now, there's an 82% chance that Yagami Light is Kira, although I do need to get more evidence to support my theory. Minami-san?"

A woman, who was about your age, but looked older due to a few layers of makeup she wears, walked towards L, keeping a fair distance from him. "What is it that you need, Ryuzaki-san?" 

"You are going to be part of my next plan."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It was around 10pm; you couldn't sleep at the moment, so you decided to head downstairs. 

"Hello?" you called out, checking if Light or one of the death gods were there, but no one responded. You cut your way through the kitchen, then reached for the light switch--

The light at the backyard was shining, blinking at an irregular pattern. You pivoted and went outside the back door. 

Light. Light was sitting down at the steps, probably thinking about life, you thought. He frantically looked whoever was behind him, then calmed down once he saw it was just you. "Hey," he said. 

"Hey." You sat down beside him, but he started to look away. You shrugged. "Why are you here outside at night?"

"Same question goes to you, too," he answered, still not wanting to meet your eyes. "I just wanted to stay outside and think rather than locking myself up in the room."

"What are you thinking about?" the words had suddenly slipped out of your mouth. Light finally caught your eyes and sent a confused and shocked look. You tried to take your question back. "Um--I mean, uh--"

"You," he admitted, looking away once again, just to hide his tomato red face. Your face heated up. "What?"

"I said you," he repeated roughly, then soon managed to look at you after brief silence. "Do you like Kanou?"

You were unsure of how to answer in a delicate way. Your mouth opened to speak, but nothing came out. Instead, Light sighed. "Sorry, I... didn't... knew you liked him," he muttered, rose and went back inside, looking disappointed. You grabbed his sleeve to stop him because you can't stand him knowing the wrong thing, but you don't want him to know the truth yet. "No...!" you stammered. "I-It's not him who I like..! I don't want you to get the wrong idea..."

Light turned to face you and swiped his arm away from you. "Stop it! I had enough for today, (Y/N)!" he shouted. "If it wasn't for you, I would'nt be feeling like this!"

Your eyes widened, same with your mouth; you raised both of your hands halfway. "S-Sorry! I'm sorry! I never knew that you'd be like this because of me." you shrugged and looked away, mumbling: "Just kill me already if you're done playing with me..."

Light grabbed your wrists tightly "Are you out of your mind?! Do you think that all these time I was just playing with you? That I'd finish your life because I'll think that you're useless?" He pulled you close to him and smacked his lips onto yours.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YESH, YESH, YESH! How did'cha like that, minna? Surprising? Yeah. Too soon? Hehe...

Hope you liked this chappie; my next update will be within a week, so stay tuned~.... MIHARU OUT!

-Miharu-senpai xoxo