Another Kira?

Your jaw dropped so low. You just stood there, not moving a muscle, as if you have seen a ghost or something. Why is Misaki here? Why is she standing right in front of me? Why is she alive?! you questioned inside your head. You know for sure that you had wrote her name--Hirokazu Misaki--down Light's Death Note legibly enough, despite your intense rage and desperation. But, she's still living, breathing normally like a human does. Wait a minute... if Misaki-chan is still alive, then it could only mean one thing: Hirokazu Misaki isn't her real name. You immediately switched to your death god eyes with one blink.

Unfortunately (when I mean "unfortunately", I mean really, really unfortunately), Misaki turned around so that you couldn't see her face. "Dangit!" you mouthed discreetly. She inserted her hand on her sling bag, brought out a black leather mask, and wore it. The mask was covering the upper half and a half of the bottom of her face. It only had one hole for her right eye. Misaki faced back front. "How does it look?" she asked. "I had it made by my friend, Hatake-kun. She designs the best masks in Japan."

"It looks pretty good. I could ask Watari to order one for me. However, it would be better if we all had masks... to protect ourselves from being killed by Kira. Right, Light?" L said, raising a brow at Light.

"I don't see a reason on why it is necessary to wear masks," he replied. Of course, Light wouldn't say anything that would let L figure out that he is actually Kira. He can't mention about the Death Note, nor show any knowledge about it.

L opened the Note with two fingers and flipped some of the pages. Then, he handed it to Light. "A rule in this Death Note stated that the user must know the name of the victim, and how his or her face looks like in order for it to take effect. I have also read another rule in this notebook stating that you could make a trade with the death god who owns it: half of your life span for death god eyes. With death god eyes, you are able to see a person's name and lifespan above their head." The detective caught Light's eyes. "There is a 62% chance that one of the two Kiras have made the trade."

You gulped. "O-Oh, really?"

L smirked. "Yes, (Y/L/N)-san. Who knows. Maybe Kira is inside this facility right now, nervously watching on me."

"E-Eh--?" you blurted, a little bit shaky. You glanced at Light, who still wasn't showing even the tiniest amount of fear.

"I see," he said. "Well, if that is all you have to say for this meeting, I'll be going, unless you need me for additional tasks."

"No, no. That's all I have to say," L replied. "You two be extra careful."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

When you and Light arrived back home, you hugged him tightly. "I found out L's name again," you said. "All I have to do left is to write his name down your Note." He wrapped an arm around your head and kissed your forehead in return.

"Where did you put your Death Note?" you asked as you released him from your hug.

"It's where I always keep it; inside the drawer at my desk."

You nodded and went to his room. You excitedly opened the drawer, but saw nothing but dust. You closed it shut and opened the next one; nothing in there. The last drawer; there was nothing either. You twitched your eye and called Light's name from upstairs.

"What is it, (Y/N)-chan?" The footsteps of Light indicated that he was heading to his room. Once he saw you and the empty opened drawers, he walked over to his closet. He slid one of the doors open, then said after a sigh: "They've been here."

You raised a brow. "Who's 'they'?"

"The Kira investigation team. Specifically Mogi-san, Aizawa-san, and Matsuda-san."

"Er, um, how do you know for sure?"

"Before I left the house, I predicted that you would follow me, therefore nobody would be inside the house to guard it. While dressing, I stuck one of the long-sleeved coats on the door of my closet, so when an intruder will try to search where I kept the Death Note, he would definitely open all of the cabinets and drawers in my room, allowing for the sleeve to fall down and making it easier to slide the doors open. "

"Hnnnn, well that's smart. But what are we going to do now that they stole the last Death Note we had?"

"I'll think of something. While I'm doing so, you could jot down names on another piece of paper."

You obeyed. You went back downstairs and sat on the couch with a plop. You turned on the television with the remote, switching it to the local news.

"...as of today. Akiyama Atsushi was proven two days ago that he was the main suspect of the committed crimes..." Akiyama... Atsushi... you said mentally as you wrote his name down the paper, as well as memorizing his facial features. "...The police are now going to--" the news reporter pressed two fingers on her ear, so that she could hear the sound in her earpiece better. "Okay... Understood... I apologize for the interruption. The police found the suspect, Akiyama Atsushi, lying on the floor, dead. He had his hand on his chest, where his heart is, hence there is a high possibility that he had a heart attack. The Japanese Task Force are suspecting that it was the work of Kira once again."

Heart attack? Kira?? you were truly confused. You do not have your Death Note, and Light's Death Note was recently stolen. How could Kira be able to judge criminals if they do not have a Note? L... he has your Note, but why would he kill? Mogi, Aizawa, and Matsuda wouldn't kill either; they would first hand the notebook over to L or Souchiro. If all of these aren't possible, then the only possibility is...

"There's another Kira."