Don't Fear the Reaper

Chapter 27: Don't Fear the Reaper
*1 month later*
5 months pregnant
Hiccup POV:
A month has passed since we got our dogs, Stormfly and Toothless. Freya was nothing but a wonder and a joy to the puppies. We had been training them to go potty outside and how to act, they are extremely great listeners. Freya has fallen in love with the pups ever since we got the little cuties.
"And jump Toothless! Like this!" Freya says with a treat in her hand, and jumps into the air. Toothless growls, but jumps up into the air, in which he got his treat—the only thing he really wanted. I then heard the shower turn on, knowing Astrid was probably in the shower. I sighed and went to the fridge and grabbed myself some tea, and poured myself a glass.
"Daddy! Can you please pour me some?" Freya sweetly asks and I smiled at her. She giggled and went back to playing with Toothless and Stormfly. I think it was a grand idea for getting the dogs, Freya spends less time on the tv, and has something to play with, the dogs, and soon a little brother or sister.
Which we find out the gender next week. Me and Astrid were hoping for a boy, since we already have a girl, but we really don't care unless he or she is perfectly healthy. "Freya? Do you want a baby brother or a baby sister?" I ask and she stared at me. "Of course a baby sister! Boys are gross!" She snobs and throws the ball for the pups to chase. "What about me? I'm a boy." I say and point to myself, highly offended. Freya gave me a frown, but a quick smile appeared. "Of course I love you daddy!" She exclaims and gave me a hug as I hulled her up. She gave me a kiss and poked my nose, and I crinkled it.
I then heard a sudden crash from the back hall. Me and Freya rose our brows and I put her down. "Astrid?" I say and I walked to the bathroom. I opened the door, to see my pregnant girlfriend, laying on the floor of the bathroom. "Astrid! Hey you ok?!" I say and shut the door, and immediately grabbed a towel to cover her up. She moaned, and slowly sat up. "I slipped out of the shower and landed on my tummy." She began to cry and holds her showing stomach. "Hey, hey, it's ok. Your alright, ok." I say and I pulled her head into my chest as her breathing seized. "How about you get dressed, and we take you to get an ultrasound? Just to make sure everything is ok?" I say and she quickly nodded. "Ok stay here I'll go get you some clothes babe." I say and lifted myself up, letting go of her hand. I opened ur bathroom door and rushed to my room, opening the dresser drawers.
"Is mommy ok?" Freya asks, all frowns as she came in. I rushed over to her and crouched down to her size. "Mommy's ok, she took a fall, so we are going to take her to the hospital and make sure your brother or sister is ok? Get your shoes on because your coming." I exclaim and she went to grab her shoes.
———————————————————————
Astrid POV:
"Alright Astrid," the lady says as she squeezed the ultrasound gel on my baby bump. She then smeared it out with the tech, and my baby came on the screen. The heart was beating, which gave me a sigh of relief. My back was still in pain from my fall, which I also needed to get checked out. "Yep! He looks great, the fall caused nothing to harm." The lady says and I smiled, but froze. Hiccups smiled fainted. "Astrid? What's wrong?!" Hiccup says worried, and Freya was right beside him. A smile crept up on my face and the lady stared at me.
"You just said he." I smiled and the lady was taken aback. "Was I not supposed to tell you? I'm sorry!" She exclaims and I squealed. "Oh my Thor! It's a boy! Ah!" I squeal, and Hiccup put his hands in the air. "Yes! I have a son!" He screams and took my hand again. He moved away my bangs and plasted a sweet and soft kiss towards my lips.
"I'm having a baby brother?!" Freya exclaims, shocked, and the lady left the room to give us some privacy. "Yes sweetie, your going to be a big sister to a little baby boy." I say and she frowned. "I wanted a little sister!" She growls and glared at us. "Hey! If your mad blame Hiccup! It's his fault!" I chuckled and Hiccup put his hands up in defeat. "I'm actually really proud." He mutters and I slapped his arm, which he laughed at.
"Look Freya, you may have wanted a little sister to teach her how to braid her hair, play with barbies with, and even watch Barbie with. But just think about it, your brother is going to be something entirely new to you and us. And honey, he's going to make you so happy." I say and she nodded. "Well, I guess I'm still a big sister! But how is it daddy's fault it's a boy?" Freya asks, and the room went silent.