P A R T 2 | Chapter 2

Do you wanna cross the line?
We're runnin' out of time
A dangerous night to fall in love
Started a stranger, a love endangered
The edge of a night
The face of an angel, the heart of a ghost
Was it a dream?

◾️

"I'm not doing this again, Stephen"

"Phoenix, all I'm asking is if we can please just show up then take off?" Stephen asked me as I slipped on my boots.

"Who just shows up to a party, says hi then leaves?" I chuckled.

"Many people. People who are busy or bodyguards who have a bad feeling about something" Stephen answered me.

"I respect your instincts because I had them too, Stephen but really, we are going to be fine. I promise" I said to him standing up and smoothing down my dress. He sighed but just turned his back to me to face the mirror, he began to tie his tie while still slightly glaring at me.

"What, Stephen?" I crossed my arms in slight annoyance.

"You look nice" he said in annoyance then stopped looking at me, I let out a chuckle, "thanks. You too." I said in slight annoyance to mock him. He rolled his eyes at me then continued to struggle.

"Need help?" I asked. "I've been doing this for a while I can do it now" he replied.

"Whatever" I replied then exited my bedroom to go downstairs to my backyard.

I grabbed the pack of cigarettes off of my coffee table before I did so then dragged my lighter off the table we have outside. Then I sat down on one of the chairs. I lit my cigarette that was placed between my lips then took a drag when the end was incinerating.

Bad habits. I picked up bad habits from that day on.

I crossed my arms starring aimlessly at the view from my backyard, taking long drags from the cancerous substance.

I was a little deep in thought I did not notice footsteps approaching me, Stephen came out through the door I had just came out of.

"Colin" He sighed, I don't correct Stephen or Frankie, or my parents, only when I want to annoy them. "Care for one?" I asked him.

He took then one I was puffing then began to take drags from it.

"I'll finish this off" he said blowing out the smoke.

I rolled my eyes playfully but didn't argue with him.

I stood up to head inside and obviously Stephen followed me.

"You know I don't like it when you smoke" He blandly said.

"Is that why you finish them off? You would risk lung cancer for me?" I snapped. "You go down, we go down together" he said, turning me around.

I grinned at him, "I'll try to stop" I said patting his forearm, I turned back around to step out the door but Stephen got in front of me, taking my keys from me.

Stephen has very similar training to mine, except he was taught the ways here in England, but he's been sent to different countries on duties so he has a bit of training from almost everywhere.