Chapter IV

I was dreaming of bigger things
And wanna leave my own life behind
Not a yes sir, not a follower
Fit the box, fit the mold
Have a seat in the foyer, take a number
I was lightning before the thunder

"There is several suits in the bag for you, honey, and several single pieces, as well as actual bullet proof vests, you have the rest at home" my dad said to me, passing me a large duffle bag that is typically used to store guns or batons.

"Why can't she wear any normal clothes, to blend in?" Jeff asked.

"Oh she is. The suits she had are modified under armor, it is bullet proof and stab proof but only thin as a t shirt" my father explained.

"I didn't know there was such thing, I thought that only existed in movies" Tom said in amazement.

"The future is now Thomas" I chuckled then swung the bag over my shoulder.

"Allow me" Tom attempted to grab my bag but I gave my a playful glare.

"The roles have switched, Darling, I take care of you" I chuckled, he smiled and chuckled in embarrassment.

"But I appreciate it" I smiled then looked over at jeff.

"Ready?" I asked them.

They both nodded.

"Alright let's be on our way. See ya later dad!" I shouted.

"See you later, pumpkin" he shouted back to me.

I began to walk in front of the two men, "You have left your gym bag" Tom said to me.

"Eh, I always do, its in my father's office anyways" I shrugged.

"But do you not have your belongings in there?" He asked.

Fuck. My phone, wallet and god damn keys.

I face palmed with my free hand until we heard someone running behind us and keys jiggling.

I rolled my eyes , pulled out my gun from one of the pockets of my bag then swiftly turned around pointing it just besides Jeff who jolted back.

It was George.

"George!" I shouted at him.

"I'm sorry!" He shouted putting his hands up and dropping my bag.

I sighed then put my gun away.

"Don't do that!" I shouted at him.

"Trust me, I'm not planning on doing so!" He said then handed the bag go Jeff and ran back inside.

"You really are good" jeff said.

"That's nothing. Where's your car?" I asked them, shrugging off their reaction to my instincts.

"Just up ahead" jeff said.