P A R T 2 | Chapter 31

I'm thinking you and I
Should roll the dice get lost in our forever
Cause I'm feeling intoxicated
I wanna taste the air that you've been breathing

"Stephen" I breathed out in shock and at the loss of oxygen.

Stephen dropped a duffle bag he was carrying but never dropped his gun, He did not even look at me.

I tried to walk towards Tom but Stephen finally snapped his head at me "Stay back, Colin!"

I froze in my spot again, I began to look around us and not seeing anyone but a few distracted Tourists, It was getting dark after all.

"Don't look at her, Thomas. She can not help you, right now" Stephen said to Thomas, Tom snapped his head back in the direction of Stephen.

"Stephen, what are you, fucking nuts!?" I finally managed to snap but it did not seem to affect him one bit.

Stephen was breathing harshly, and Tom was visibly shaking. "Go ahead tough guy, try to break my nose again, this time I'll actually do something about it" Stephen motioned for Tom to get closer. "I am not going to hurt you, Stephen" Tom mumbled. Stephen laughed out loud "Of course you can't, Thomas, I'm the one holding the gun"

I shook my head at the ridiculousness happening before me "Stephen, do not get in trouble because of Tom and I. Just walk away, my father is here with Joseph and Claude, they won't take this well" I said in a calming tone to Stephen.

"And you think I'm afraid of them? I taught them everything they know, Colin" Stephen responded "as for that father of yours, he really should have given me his blessing before" he muttered but it was loud enough for us to hear.

"Blessing?" Tom asked, "Not that it concerns you all that much, Thomas but yes. I asked her old man if I could possibly marry Colin some day in the near future but of course he had his doubts, he said how I was her bodyguard and that she probably only ever would see me as that, also the fact that Colin and I never had the chance to actually date"

"But had you just stayed away maybe we could have" Stephen practically barked at Tom. "We could have never dated Stephen, and I'm sorry you got the wrong impression before but I couldn't put us through that" I said to Stephen.

"Colin, I suggest you be rather careful with what you say next because I am holding a gun up to the face of your lover" Stephen chuckled.

Tom was still shaking and clearly rather uncomfortable at hearing what would happen between Stephen and I if Tom hadn't been around. I don't blame him, I was uncomfortable too, but all we could do was stand there and take it, Stephen was the only one armed after all.

"And I also suggest that you come here" Stephen turned his head to me. "Wh-what?" I stammered for I was taken back.

"I said come here, now!" Stephen practically shouted, I slowly began walking towards Stephen in fear he would hurt Tom.

Stephen stared intensely at me as I got closer to him, "And don't pull anything Colin, I know you like the back of my hand"

I stayed quiet as I was now standing right in front of him, with his free hand he grabbed my wrist to put me behind him. But the strength in his grip made me wince, "You are hurting her, Stephen!" Tom shouted.

Stephen dropped my hand then brought his attention back to Tom, "The only one who hurt her between us is you, and you very well know that so I don't understand why you couldn't just let her go" Stephen said in a calmer tone. Considering his tone I was beginning to be hopeful he was coming to his senses until I noticed Stephen froze.

"What's in your pocket?" Stephen asked, "Which?" Tom asked in a whisper. "You know which one!" Stephen asked, Tom slowly brought down his left hand to pull out something from his left pocket of his trousers.

Tom opened his hand to reveal a little black box, "A ring" Tom said in disappointment. My heart began to break at the sight of how upset Tom was at revealing his little secret.

"Are you serious? You get Colin back for a few days and now you wanted to ask her for her hand in marriage?!" Stephen shouted. "We were meant to be together, Stephen. So I will not hesitate to marry her, i will not lose her again" Tom explained.

Stephen shook his head vigorously, "You're a stupid man, Tom"

My instincts kicked in and I went into grab Stephen by the wrist to unarm him, "COLIN!" Stephen shouted in my face as he struggled against me and me against him.

"COLIN!" I heard behind us, It was the voice of my father, my mother shouted in fright as well upon seeing us.

"STEPHEN DROP IT!" Claude and Joseph shouted simultaneously.

"Colin, I don't want to hurt you!" Stephen shouted in my face, "it's too late for that!" I shouted back at him with tears in my eyes. Stephen noticed and stopped struggling against me, I ripped the gun away from him. As soon as his gun was in my hand I was able to put the safety on it, Tom ran towards me and engulfed me in his arms.

Claude and Joseph took advantage of Stephen's shocked stage to attempt to restrain him.

But Stephen seemed much stronger than the both of them.

"I am so sorry you had to find out this way, but I want nothing more than for you and I to be forever together" Tom said to me, as he placed a kiss on the top of my head. I nodded my head at him eagerly, "I don't care Thomas, how could I say no to you?" I chuckled. Then Stephen began to shout profanities towards Tom and I, his mood was quickly changing and in his state it was becoming lethal.

"Joseph! Watch out!" Claude shouted at Joseph for whatever reason.

I broke myself out of my in love state to bring my attention towards Stephen, Claude and Joseph. Stephen was trying to rip Joseph's gun from him. "No" I muttered to myself, I could see my father attempting to get close but he stopped.

And so did I, for Stephen was successful in removing the gun from Joseph.