P A R T 2 | Chapter 29

I never said I would be you lover.
I never said that I would be your friend.

"Darling, you seem upset" Tom spoke as he closed the door then plopped down our bags on the floor.

"Where did you get that idea from?" I muttered, "Well for starters you've thrown yourself on the bed without a single word, and well, I think I know your feelings well enough to sense these type of things" Tom said with a small chuckle.

I huffed in response but quickly sat up "It's not that I'm upset Tom, I am—"

"Worried. Yes, darling we've been over this. But everything is going to be okay, I don't know him all that well but I do not take him as psychopath" Tom said as he plopped himself down on the bed besides me.

I sighed, I couldn't bring myself to look at Tom.

"Is there any reason I should know as to why you are so worried about what Stephen is capable of?" He asked in a low tone.

My eyes darted to him immediately, he genuinely looked worried, and concerned. "Was there something going on between you two?" He asked because I still remained quiet.

"Colin, you can tell me anything—"

"Stephen and I slept together" I blurted out suddenly without looking at him, Tom's face went from concerned to hurt at the blink of an eye. He had taken in a huge breath as if he had lost his own. Tom's bright blue eyes seemed brighter in his state of sadness, "That is why I couldn't tell you, Tom" I shook my head.

Tom continued to stay silent, but he did not remove his gaze from me which only guilt tripped me more.

"How long ago?" Tom asked in a saddened whisper,I looked at him questionably. "Tom, does that really matter—"

"How long ago, Colin?" Tom interrupted me with a more aggressive tone of voice. Of course he was angry, do I blame him?

"A while back Tom, Before you and I really got to talking. But why does that matter?" I asked him in concern.

"Because that explains the exact reason why Stephen is absolutely obsessed with you. What did he say that charmed you into bed?" Tom asked, he was being unreasonable but he had the right to be, he probably thinks I cheated on him, or he thinks that I was always sleeping with Stephen. Or Maybe even that I was in love with Stephen.

"Thomas. It doesn't matter what he said to me, the point here was that I only slept with him once and that was it. I never saw that night as anything else besides a one night thing" I explained, Tom stood up from his seated position then quickly turned to me.

"Why did you not tell me this sooner?" He asked in his same hurt expression.

"Because that was the past, Thomas" I stood up as well.

His eyes were red by now, I did not think my past one night stand would hurt him so much. "Why did you?" He asked in a hushed tone this time as if he was attempting to calm myself.

"You want to know why?" I asked him in disbelief, "Yes! Because I have been beating myself up time and time again over losing you, and you are now telling me that you were fine because you were shagging it up with your Bodyguard?" Tom practically snapped. I sucked in a breath as those words processed through my mind

"I slept with Stephen to attempt to get over you! The day I saw you at Holland's party it took everything in me to pretend I did not know you or care for you, because I wanted to forget you but clearly couldn't be away from you" I snapped back at him in slight offense now.

Tom froze on the spot, "You already knew this was complicated Tom, and you should believe me when I tell you It was only a one time thing. And you are right to judge me because now Stephen is going crazy thinking that we may have been an item" I began to ramble, he shook his head "No, no do not begin to blame yourself" he pointed at me.

"Well it is true! Come on, Tom we are both thinking it!" I chuckled humorlessly. "Stop it Colin! Look I can not stand the thought of another man touching you that way, and yes I am furious but I did not blame you because I know this is not your fault. The only one blaming you is yourself" he said as he grabbed me by my waist.

I looked down at his bare forearms, his sleeves were rolled up and nicely folded. I did not even see him roll up his sleeves. I shook my head "I just heavily regret it now, I regretted it then but it feels heavier now that he snapped" I whispered.

"Correct me if I am wrong, but Stephen was really toxic from all that I saw. He does not know how to control his feelings all that well"

"Stephen is a good protector and he is amazing at his job, but I think that is where his possessiveness comes in to play" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Or maybe it was just his adoration for you. Love can make you do crazy things" he said in a saddened tone. He was right, I was still so in love with Tom that I slept with Stephen in hopes to forget Tom. Jennifer went psycho in trying to get Tom back because she was still so in love with him and Tom had to lie for my protection. Not to mention he also broke Stephen's nose.

"You are right. I should have told you sooner, maybe it would have softened the blow" I said to Tom as I looked back up at him.

He chuckled "Don't be so sure, Colin. I would have reacted the same way, possibly even worse if Stephen had still been around"

I rolled my eyes playfully at him, "I love you, Colin" Tom said in a reassuring tone. "And I love you, Tom" I said with a smile on my face.

Tom leaned forward to place a kiss on my forehead but as soon as his lips touched my forehead there was pounding on the door that connected our suite to the one of Jeff, Claude and Joseph.

I scoffed at their interruption but I marched over to the door to unlock it so they could gain access.

Immediately the door flew open but I had managed to jump back far enough before the door collided with me.

In walked Claude looking very concerned.

"Jeez, Claude, what is going on?" I asked him, "I don't know how to tell you both this, but—"

Claude sighed deeply, "Frankie hasn't been able to get in touch with Stephen, but the last thing Frankie was able to tell him was of your location"