Chapter XIII

I could hold you for a million years..

Colin's POV

"Amy, you should go" I said not taking my eyes off of Tom who's eyes were fixated on the ground in front of me.

"But-"

"Amadeus. Go. I'll call you later, okay?" I turned to him.

He nodded, hugged me tightly then walked out of my room , I waited until my front door closed to turn back to Tom.

"So what? Now you are not going to speak to me?" I asked him.

He looked at me , to meet my gaze, "I have nothing to say" he said quietly.

"Now you don't?" I crossed my arms.

"What do you want me to say? What do you expect me to say, I was worried sick about you, and you come back home wearing another man's sweater, smelling like another man and hickeys on your neck you didn't even bother to cover correctly" he snapped his head up.

"And what do you think happened?" I asked him.

"Exactly what it looks like. You put your father on baby sitting duty, so you can go have your little fun with your so called Partner , I don't know much, but I do know that is not part of the job" he said forcing out an irritated chuckle.

"You think I left my dad here so I can go bed my partner?" I asked him, stepping closer.

"If I am wrong, correct me and tell me where were you?" He asked not flinching.

"No, bud, this is not how it works, you don't ask the questions here, I do. It is none of your business where I am and who I am with, alright? But it is my business to know where you are at and who you are with, which is why I made sure you never left the apartment and only stayed with my father" I chuckled in irritation too.

"So that's it? You have to know everything about me, always be around when I want to have lunch with old friends, or dates, or whatever it is, but I can not even know when you are leaving?" He asked sounding very angry at this point.

"I couldn't tell you" I simply said turning around to slip off the hoodie.

He paused for a moment, "And why not?" He asked.

I turned around then pulled down my rising shirt.

I chucked the black hoodie on my bed, "Because you would have tried to stop me, or you would have chased me and I couldn't risk that" I crossed my arms over my abdomen.

"So then where were you going exactly? That you felt the need to think about me first, would you like me to thank you as well?" He chuckled in angst.

"I was visiting an ex-"

"Oh well that's just lovely isn't it?" he rubbed his face in annoyance.

"Would you let me finish?" I said through gritted teeth.

"Oh please do, I'd love to hear more about how my bodyguard, the one who's so fucking strict with me, was at the home of an ex lover" he sarcastically said.