P A R T 2 | Chapter 22

I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But baby, I just need one good one to stay

◼️

There was another knock at my door that made Stephen and I turn our heads.

This time it was Tom. He was looking at Stephen with a genuine look. One that made it seem like "hey. Can you give us a sec?"

Stephen stood to his feet then walked out without another word, But Tom had quietly thanked him. I stood up as well, Tom turned to me with a small smile.

"I hate to sound like that person... but what is to become of us?" He asked me. The question caught me off guard, it was so sudden. He didn't beat around the bush.

I chuckled nervously, "i am not entirely sure, Thomas. Yes I have feelings for you-"

"And I have feelings for you" he responded. I chuckled again. "But one you haven't officially asked me anything" I joked

"And two, what about the press? That's going to be a lot of pressure and I don't know if I'm ready for those personal questions " I shrugged.

"I understand, I definitely understand but there isn't anything we can not get through. Don't you believe that?" He asked me.

"Yes, Thomas, but let's just take it a step at a time" I said to him.

He nodded his head then pulled me into his chest.

"Will you be my girlfriend, and if it isn't too much pressure, potentially be my wife one day?" He asked me.

My stomach churned with butterflies. I looked up at him. "Of course" I smiled at him.

Tom leaned down to kiss me once again but we were interrupted by Stephen running in the room.

"I hate to interrupt but we are running late" Stephen said to us.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion. "For what?" I asked him.

"We have a meeting that Frankie forgot to inform us about" Stephen huffed.

"Okay lets go" I sighed letting go of Tom.

He reached for my hand then placed a kiss on my hand.

"I'll wait for you here" he smiled. I smiled back at him then followed behind Stephen.

"Where is it at?" I asked him.

"A restaurant in downtown Los Angeles" he responded blankly.

Things between Stephen and I will never be the same. I am aware of that.

We've been through a lot together. At times I was already imagining what my life would be like if Stephen and I ended up together.

I shouted a goodbye at my parents as we rushed out the door but upon closing the door behind me I was pushed up against it catching me by surprise.

I looked up seeing it was Stephen who had me against the door.

He was looking at me, with slight pain in his eyes.

"Stephen, what are you doing?- I thought we were late?" I asked.

"I just- I know, I know what I said that you two deserve to be together but don't leave me hanging. Are you going to really marry that guy?" He asked me.

"What? Stephen. Were you eavesdropping?" I asked him.

"I didn't mean to! I just- I know you guys will be the perfect couple you seem to be. But I just didn't expect it to happen so fast" he sighed. He then moved so I was able to move off the door.

"Can we talk about this later? You know, when we aren't running late. And when you aren't being bipolar" I said to him as I walked behind him to get in our vehicle.

The ride to our destination was very quiet and awkward. Something that has been happening a lot lately.

When we arrived I noticed the streets weren't busy. Good, not much interaction with people then. I love my fans but when I'm caught by surprise, it scares me AND makes me nervous. Not to mention it brings me major PTSD after the whole Tom Drama where I was being harassed and when I was almost killed. You know, when i almost died because of lies?

Am I really still salty about that? Maybe just a tad. If a Tad means a truck load. No, no i am not mad. I love Tom. I know I do. We all do. I just do not know how I am ever going to get passed the fact that his lie almost got me killed. But in retrospect he could have died too? So I guess we have always been in this together.

No. I know deep within me nothing will get in the way of the love I feel for this man.

I looked over at Stephen who hasn't said a word to me. I couldn't tell if he was angry, Or hurt? Maybe even both, it was hard to read him sometimes.

"Do you remember that night we slept together?" He asked finally but out of the blue.

My cheeks flushed red and hot. "Umm yeah " I chuckled nervously.

"Did you sleep with me because you wanted me as your rebound, or did you actually ever love me?" He asked.

"I did love you Stephen. But I have always loved Tom" I said to him. He nodded his head.

We walked into the restaurant and were immediately seated. That's strange, that means the reservation was under Stephen's name.

"Stephen, who are we waiting for, exactly?" I asked him when we had taken our seats. I knew for a fact Frankie wouldn't be here. He's back and stuck in London, flooded with work.

"Oh, nobody anymore" Stephen shook his head.

"I'm holding this meeting" Stephen looked into my eyes.

My heart began to race, I knew this was not going to be good.

He sighed "I'm resigning my position of being your guard" he flatly said.

A lump was stuck in the depths of my throat. You know the one you feel when you wanna cry but you can't, or you shouldn't. Yeah. That one.

Authors Note:
I know! I know! It's been a year! I'm sorry everyone. My pregnancy was a bit difficult towards the end, my grandmother passed away the day before I gave birth to my son, then I've been busy with working and being a mother and ON TOP OF ALL OF THAT I lost my password :( but I'm back and i am now just realizing that this story will soon come to an end. Thank you to EVERYONE who's shown love to this story while I was gone. I love every single one of you! ❤️