Chapter II

How come I've never seen your face around here? I know every single face around here, a man on a mission, changing the vision. I was never welcomed here.

Tom's POV

I lost sleep that night.

Even though the police officers were outside my home all night I just couldn't fall asleep.

You'd think I felt safer but no I did not.

Jeff had stayed over just so he can go with me to go meet with the new body guard, and to fill out all paper work that was needed.

We were up and early, I slipped on a plain black hoodie with dark jeans, dark brown boots then I was ready.

I slipped on my glasses then met up with Jeff in the living room.

He quickly escorted me out of my home, with a few officers right behind us, some stayed behind however.

Jeff put me in the car then he got in the driver's seat.

One of the police vehicles began to take off so Jeff followed.

The ride was silent, but I wasn't in the mood for chit chat anyways. Jeff sensed that, I'm sure.

Soon we arrived to a type of police department.

But there were officers training outside, police hounds being trained and several gunshots were heard meaning shooting range.

"Let's go" Jeff said exiting the car, I opened my own door then looked around seeing all the officers made me a little calm, but I was still on the edge.

The officers that escorted us here got out of their vehicles then lead us inside.

"We'll go drop you off in Boss's office" one of them said then lead us through all the officers and the halls until we reached a door at the end of one of the halls.

The door was opened for us so we stepped inside.

"The boss is on his way" the officer said then closed the door behind him, but through the window we saw he stood by the door waiting for the chief.

"You alright?" Jeff asked.

I turned to him and smiled, "of course" I replied.

Jeff was not convinced but dropped the topic out of respect.

The door opened up again after a few moments, A tall, buff man walked in, he had black hair that was graying, pink ish skin due to sun burn I believe, and a dark uniform.

"Well, hello there" he smiled at the both of us, he shook our hands politely.

"they told me we would have a celebrity but I never thought it would be you, Mr Loki" the officer said then sat down.

I chuckled at his joke, "I like to be unpredictable" I shrugged with another chuckle.

" I respect the fact that you still find the ability to be light hearted in such situation" the officer said.