Chapter XXII

You're the one that's going down.

⚔️

I pounded on the front door to Frankie's.

He answered the door briefly.

"Colin. Weren't you up in your room?" He asked in confusion.

"Frankie. Question me later. Are you close with any detectives?" I asked him.

"Well yes, my cousin, Gene, he lives a block away-"

"Call him" I flatly said.

"Now?" He asked. "Yes now!" I practically shouted.

"Fine but get inside" he said ushering me inside.

Once I sat at the dinning table he pulled up his cell, he looked at me in confusion as he asked his cousin to rush over, that there was police business to tend to.

Once he said his goodbyes he turned to me. "May I now know what's going on before he gets here and i have nothing to give him?" He asked me.

"Amadeus confessed saying that Tom's little speech was all a bullshit lie, that it was Jennifer behind it all. Plus, there's rumors going around that the child may not be Tom's. And according to dearest Amy, the rumors are true" I cocked my eyebrow.

"I thought you were done with that man, he hurt you-"

"But that doesn't mean I'm going to let him be stuck in a family that isn't his and much less with a psycho bitch threatening to kill him" I spat.

He nodded in understanding.

"Is there proof?" Frankie asked.

"Let me make a phone call and I'll have video and audio proof" I responded.

"Will that even be valid here?" Frankie asked me.

"Only one way to find out" I shrugged.

A few minutes later there was a few knocks on Frankie's front door. My mom had already joined us by now, she was oblivious, confused and afraid.

"What did Amy do to you?" She asked worriedly.

"You'll find out in a bit mother" I said to her. She reached for my hand and gripped it slightly as the detective walked in. The both of us stood up to greet him.

"Good Evening" He saluted us.

"Good evening, officer" my mother nodded her head. "Yes, good evening" I said then approached him extending my hand.

"Gene. This is Miss Officer Knight" Frankie introduced me.

The officer paused.

"Oh, honey, you're in danger being here" he muttered.

"For what? A lie one of your British men said?" I asked.

"We aren't sure what to believe mam." He said letting go of my hand.

"Then let us talk" I said sitting down. Frankie ushered him to sit knowing my impatience.