Chapter VI

Without the mask, where will you hide?

We arrived at the restaurant soon, When we got out of the car I stayed behind Tom, but diagnoly, so to his right but behind him that way I have access everywhere in case someone wants to surprise attack him.

When first entering the restaurant, everything was calm, no one really minded us which was good.

"Hello, good afternoon, for two?" The host asked.

I nodded in agreement.

"My are your eyes gorgeous" he chuckled, "Thanks" I nodded , I don't get bashful or blushy when people compliment me.

Tom turned around to me with a grin but I just starred at him.

"Alright, would you like a table or booth?" He asked.

"Booth. A private one" I said pulling out my badge.

"Why of course" he nodded, grabbed two menus then lead us towards a back dinning room away from the public.

"Is this okay?" The man placed down the menus at a booth against the wall and curtained window.

The room was dim lit, perfect.

"Its great" I nodded.

"Alright, someone will be right with you to get you two drinks" the man said then excused himself, leaving tom and I to sit.

I sat across from him, close to the edge of the booth for easy access to stand up, he settled in the middle of his seat then opened his menu.

"Woah" he immediately said then looked up at me.

"What's up?" I asked him.

Looking into my own menu.

"The prices are mad" he muttered.

I was used to the prices here, my father , mother and I have dinner here at least once a week.

"Less looking at prices and more picking out your drink and meal por favor" I said with a thick white accent.

He chuckled, "You're very straight forward aren't you?" He asked.

"When I'm working, yes" I said to him then glanced at the entrance of the room seeing a man walking by, he then paused seeing us.

He saw me looking at him with a serious look and he ended up exiting the room.

"Must have taken a wrong turn" tom chuckled, then looked back down at his menu.

"Or he's being nosey" I muttered.

A few minutes a waitress walked in, then headed for us.

"Hi, sorry for the wait, any drinks for you too?" She asked.

"Yes, I'll take an iced tea" Tom said looking up at the girl, she didn't look at him but wrote down on her notepad, she then turned to me. she then jolted back.