Chapter XX

Call me friend but keep me closer.
And I'll call you when the party's over.

⚔️

"Honey... we're here" my mother practically whispered.

I looked out the window expecting to see a packed parking lot. But it was practically empty. I nodded then got out of the car.

With a scrunchy I dug out of my pocket I began to put my hair in a pony tail when I heard someone shout.

"Hey! Isn't that the girl from the news?!"

"Go" Frankie said, grabbing my stuff and dragging my mother and I into the lobby of the hotel.

The front counter people immediately recognized my mother obviously but was shocked to see me.

"Oh, hello" she awkwardly said.

I waved slightly. "Aren't you that girl from the states who assaulted her client?" She asked.

Really? Now. Here?!

"That was a bullshit lie! My daughter would never do that!" My mother slammed her hands on the counter.

"And if you want to continue to be in business you keep this to yourself!" My mother snapped. The lady nodded then questioned us no further as Frankie and my mother rushed me into the elevator, for there was people running into the hotel with cameras, and phones.

"We need to get out of here in case they give the crazy asses our room number" my mother muttered to Frankie who began to make phone calls.

"Great. Now I dragged you guys into this" I muttered.

"Honey. This is not your fault. None of this. I mean look at you. I know from the bottom of my heart you wouldn't hurt him" she lifted my chin.

"How?" I croaked.

"Because I watched your heart break as that Tom boy spoke about being happy with his family. And I saw the betrayal in your eyes. You're my daughter. I can read you like the back of my hand." She chuckled.

"Oh mom" I sniffled then fell into her arms. She stroked my hair and whispered to me, how I was going to be okay.

"I- I just.. don't understand why... why he did that?" I sobbed.

Frankie and my mother remained quiet. They didn't know either. How could they?

Frankie unlocked the door to our room and once we were inside him and my mom began to pack their stuff. I helped grab their bags.

"Where are we going?" I asked Frankie.

"London"

"What?!" I practically shouted.

"I am going to get killed over there!" I said to him.

"But it's the only place we can go where I own a home" he said to me.

"Okay, okay" I said to him.