Fifty

We heard the footsteps coming down the steps. Finn's body tensed up as he frowned. I was beginning to shake and I had to bite down harder on my sleeve to make sure I didn't make a noise.

The guy with the gun in his hand, stared around the room and I heard him shuffling through papers. Finn pulled me closer to him, as if there was any space left between us. I could feel his heart beating at a hundred miles per hour, as did mine. But he somehow still managed to control his breathing, whilst I was a complete mess in front of him trying not to get us both killed.

I heard the loud footsteps of the guy as he began to walk in our direction, my head was down but I could his footsteps getting louder. I don't think there's any chance that me and Finn will survive this. How would we survive this?

I squeezed my eyes shut tight as I heard the guy's gun click. I was dead. Finn was dead. This was the end for us.

Finn's Point of View:

I noticed the guy looked in the opposite direction to where we were perched down. He took another step and stopped as he looked around. If he turned around he'd definitely see us since he was stood right in front of us. I took this as my opportunity to use the knife I got out of my dad's drawer to stab him in the back of his knee. He groaned out in pain and dropped his gun to go down to his knee.

"RUN." I yelled at y/n, grabbing her arm and dragging her up with me. We legged it to the steps and started to make our way up. The guy must have picked up his gun from the floor because he started firing bullets at us through the barrier on the steps. Y/n whimpered out a few screams as I pushed her up the remaining steps in front of me, covering her head. I followed right behind her until we made it to the top. By some miracle neither of us had been shot.

The gunfire had stopped now so I grabbed y/n's hand and we legged it out of the front door and down the road. Both of us were quiet with just our loud breathing filling the cold air of the night.

It was dark outside now, meaning it would be easier for us to hide. Maybe the universe was on our side here. Everything that just happened was not expected and no one understood what it was that was happening.

We made our way into the forest and heaved our way through trees. But, we started to slow down because y/n needed to catch her breath. It was silent but the wind was bitter cold and made our noses and cheeks turn red with every second we're out here.

"What the fuck just happened I-" y/n spoke but I covered her mouth with my hand and pulled her close to me behind a tree. I signalled for her to be quiet as I heard the rustle of the trees. She stared at me with panic in her widened eyes, but I kept my cool persona up. If I started to show my worry it would only worry her even more and that's the last thing I wanted to do.

Y/n's point of view (again because I can't make up my mind):

"I don't see anything." We heard a guy's voice. It obviously wasn't the guy in the house because with his wounded leg, he wouldn't have been able to catch up with us that fast.
"I could have sworn I saw them run in here chief." We heard his voice again and saw a flashlight going passed the tree we were at.
"I'm looking chief I'm looking I-" He spoke and we heard the crackle of a walkie talkie.
"Alright. Alright." The guy clicked the button on the radio system and we heard him cuss out.
"Keep looking he tells me. Find them he tells me. Find them yourself you lazy fucking bastard." He complained to himself and the light from his torch moved away from our direction.

"Here kiddies, come get candy." We heard him speak. What the fuck? Does he think we're 5?

Finn and I just stared into each other's eyes as if to ask each other what we do next. I gripped hold of Finn's free hand with mine tightly. As if this night couldn't get any worse...

Finn removed his hand from my mouth slowly and signalled for us to keep moving quietly with a hand gesture. I bit my lip and took a step away from him, staring around to see the guy with the flashlight walking in the opposite direction to where we were. Finn came out from behind the tree first and slowly started to make his way away from the guy, I followed his footsteps behind him so I didn't stand on a twig or anything. My grip was still firm on Finn's hand and my heart was still pounding out of my chest. But we ploughed on because it's the only thing we could do.

How did things did this bad? More importantly why were things getting this bad?

Every so often Finn would look around to make sure the guy with the flashlight didn't spot us. We were getting close to the cliff, where we always used to hang out. I recognised the path we were taking.

"Hey, I can hear you." We heard the guys voice as Finn stopped, staring around frantically. I could already feel the hot tears come streaming down my cheeks as I had been holding them in for so long. Finn sped up his speed at which we were walking at and I tried to keep up with him. I stepped on a twig, but Finn kept on power walking regardless, pulling my hand closer to him so I was just inches away from him.

"Hey, over there." We heard the guy shout again.

"Oh, shit." Finn cursed out and he was practically running now until we reached the cliff edge, so we stopped and stared down at the waves crashing against the cliff side. We heard a gun shot and I screamed out, the tears streaming down more ferociously. He missed both of us, but I had had enough of guns and bullets for one night already.

"Do you trust me?" Finn asked me as my pulse increased. I turned to him to see a concerned look on his face, his eyes didn't leave mine but I was still panicked and wasn't thinking straight from everything.

"What?"

"Do you trust me?" He asked again and I just heard a gun shot again so I ducked and screamed again even though I knew he wasn't that close to us. Finn ducked too and placed his free hand over his hand as if to protect himself. But, his eyes soon made co fact with mine again as we both stood up straight again.

"There you are." We heard his voice and turned around to see him stood there with a smirk on his face. He was a small chubby guy, not like the guy we saw at the house, he had a slim but slightly muscular body. This guy had a normal pistol gun, nothing fancy like the other guy's gun.

"I need an answer." Finn impatiently told me and I just nodded my head.

"Yes." I yelled at him quickly after.
"Yes I trust you." I told him and he nodded as he stepped back slightly, I followed him and we both jumped off the cliff edge together. His hand was still firmly gripping mine as we dropped into the water. But he soon let go when we were under...

Author's note: am I gonna be mean and end this chapter on a cliffhanger too? Yes. You're welcome.