Forty

"Nice of you to finally join us y/n." The teacher in charge of detention spoke to me as I walked in. Finn saw me as he was in his usual seat in detention. His feet were rested on the desk in front of him and he had his arms crossed. I walked over and took the seat close to him.

"So what did you get detention for?" Finn asked.

"Who else did you try to set up today?"

"No one." I took some gum out of my bag and placed it in my mouth after, leaning back in my seat and crossing my arms against my chest.
"I pulled the fire alarm setting off all of the sprinklers throughout school."

"That was you?" He looked surprised.

"Yeah, didn't feel like doing geometry then so I got out of it my own way." I told him and I saw a smirk form on his face.

"You just wanted to see me in detention."

"Oh yeah, cause it's the only place Beverly isn't glued to you." I sarcastically told him and he rolled his eyes.

"Pfft. Just admit you want me and stop hiding behind all this." He pointed to me from head to toe.

"I don't want you." I told him.

"But you don't want me to be with Beverly?" He asked and I just stayed silent.
"Exactly."

"You're using Beverly for god knows what and you're cheating on her left, right and centre. Girls are not toys you know."

"Oh I know."

"Then stop treating them that way, if you know" I put air quotation marks on the word "know" as I said to emphasise my point to him. He stayed completely silent and just sighed staring at the clock.

"I can't survive an hour detention with you. I'd rather gouge my eyes out." He told me harshly.

"I could say the same." I told him and he just stared at me.

The clock struck 4:30 to signal we could leave and Finn and I practically ran out of the room as soon as it did.

"Meeting Beverly today?" I asked him and he just scoffed at me.

"Yeah like Beverly would want to meet me after the stunt you pulled." He crossed his arms against his chest as we walked home together.

"Never liked Beverly anyway." I told him and he rolled his eyes at me.

"What's your problem with Beverly? Why are you so jealous?"

"I'm not jealous of her. I'm protecting her from you you jackass." I yelled at him and just crossed my arms as we began to walk faster to get home. Both of us were sick of each other's company.

"I hate you." He mumbled under his breath but I was still able to hear him.

"I'm not too fond of you either bud." I told him.

"Don't call me bud." He spat at me, walking faster again.

"Fine by me." I  stayed back so I didn't have to walk with him anymore. I sighed out and clutched the straps of my bag on my shoulders.

Once we reached home I went straight upstairs and dumped my bag in Finn's room. Surprisingly he wasn't in there, not that I minded anyway.

As I was brushing the ends of my hair I got a ping on my phone. I smirked and stared at myself in the mirror.

"Guess I'm taking this up a notch." I pulled my bow tighter on the top of my head and topped up my make up, making sure I looked the best I could.