Forty Five

I was sat in Finn's hospital room again. A couple of days after he had woken up, he is recovering from the gunshot wound quite quickly and so he will be able to come home soon.

He was eating some food, the nurse had got him and I was stuffing my face with a sandwich I bought from the shop before coming here. He was looking less pale and more like a human every second that passed!

"Are you doing anything for the new year?" He asked me and I just shook my head.

"Your parents want me to stay inside unless I'm with someone." I explained to him because Eric and Mary are the only ones who know that I was almost pushed off the cliff edge by the football players and Beverly. No one told the police about me or what almost happened to me which I'm happy about because I didn't want to stand up in the court to explain everything.

"Have you still not told the police?" Finn asked and I just hook my head again.

"I don't want to."

"But y/n it's serious evidence and it can help actually lock Beverly away-"

"No, no. Finn I don't want to be part of this trial at all." I told him and he just stared down.

We were both silent for a few minutes before I decided to break it.

"So, how is your wound doing?"

"It's healing well. It's almost healed, I'm getting the stitches out as soon as the bottom has healed fully." He told me.

"Can I see?" I asked him and he just nodded. He pulled his hospital gown to the side, revealing his stitches up wound on the right side of his abdomen. I got up from my seat and walked around to the other side to see it. There was a diagonal line from the end of his bottom rib, down to about a few centimetres from his belly button. The doctors had to cut him open to get the bullet out. Although it was bad, it somehow by a miracle missed his liver or any vital organ. If the bullet was shot a few millimetres to the right then it would have pierced the side of his liver and made the operation a lot more complicated. (Authors note: I'm no doctor, but let's pretend I know what I'm talking about.) the top of the cut was healing quicker than the bottom of the cut, although Finn didn't need to have a dressing on it anymore, the bottom was almost healed completely like the top. Finn's body was very damaged with bruises everywhere when he was brought into the hospital and so his body is taking three times the time it is supposed to to heal his wound. His bruises are all completely healed now and he didn't have any broken bones either, it's just the wound left.

"It's definitely healing quicker now." I told him and he pulled his hospital gown back down to cover it.

"I might be out of here in a few days if they can take the stitches out then." He smiled and I smiled back.

"What happened to your necklace?" He asked and I just placed my hand over the top of my chest where my necklace would normally be.

"Oh. I-" I started. "Beverly yanked it off my chest and crushed it, along with the last picture of my mom I had." I told him and he just grabbed my free hand, rubbing the top of my hand with his thumb.

"I shouldn't have left the hospital like I did." He told me and stared down.
"If I didn't this wouldn't have happened."

"Finn, it's not your fault." I told him, sitting down in the chair next to his bed.

"If I was there I would have left the hospital with you and you wouldn't have been alone and targeted by them." He told me and I just stared down. I didn't want to talk about this with him. I didn't want him to blame himself for something Beverly did.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked and I nodded.
"What happened after I was fell off the edge?" He asked me and I was preparing myself for this question.

"Beverly and the rest of the football players all left." I started. "I jumped into the river and tried to find you. When I did, I grabbed hold of you tightly and tried my best to swim out of the river to the side, you were bleeding a lot so I tried my best to stop it as I yelled for help. I couldn't call an ambulance because I didn't have my phone. Someone heard me scream and called the ambulance for me whilst trying to help me stop the bleeding...you were still breathing but very faintly and your pulse was dropping rapidly...we tried asking you if you could hear us but you never responded. You stopped breathing for a second so I had to perform CPR on you with the help of this kind stranger. His wife was talking to a doctor on the phone and waiting for the ambulance so she could wave to them when they reached our location. The ambulance came shortly after I started the CPR and they then took you away. I wasn't allowed to ride in the back with you because I wasn't a family member." I told him and he just looked like he was about to burst into tears.

"I don't want to cry. But I really owe you and the two strangers." He told me, gripping my hand.

"You don't owe me anything."

"I do, because you saved my life." He started to cry.

"Don't go all soft on me." I joked and we both laughed.
"Where's the badass Finn I'm used to? What have you done with him?" I continued you and we both laughed again, a tear that Finn was holding in fell down his cheek. He then stopped laughing and just stared at me.

"What?" I just asked him, staring at him confused.

"I love you..."