Eighteen

"We don't have her around anymore cause she tried to kill me remember?" Finn scoffed again and rolled his eyes before disappearing upstairs.

"Don't listen to him. He's sour today." She smiled at me again as I sat down.
"Where have you been in..." she looked me up and down "that." She hesitantly asked.

"Just to a gig." I shrugged remembering what Finn had told me about keeping my mouth shut.

"Well do you want a drink?" She asked and I politely declined again and curled up on the couch opening my locket. I got out my suitcase and opened it to reveal the pair of clothes I didn't wear on the trip. I picked them up and got changed in the bathroom.

It has been a few hours since I found out my dad was arrested and the Wolfhard's had taken me in.

"Would it be ok if I just went out?" I asked Finn's parents as they were both sat at the kitchen table. Finn's Dad, Eric was reading the newspaper whilst his mom, Mary was drinking coffee.

"Of course. Don't be out too late." Mary told me and I just nodded. I made my way out of the front door and down the street. There was a community flower bed in the centre of town so whilst no one was looking I picked some of the flowers and quickly made my way to the only safe place I knew. To my mom.

Finn's pov:

"Mom I'm going out." I quickly told her and closed the door behind me before she could reply. I went to the flower shop and bought some flowers and made my way to the graveyard. I hated doing this because it always made me feel so sad...

I walked up the steps and down the small path. My head was bowed because I never liked being in here. It always reminded me of bad memories.

"Finn?" I heard a voice and I jumped out of my skin. The voice was familiar and I looked around to see Y/n sat next to a grave stone. What the fuck was she doing here?

"Y/n?" I imitated her. I was nervous because I didn't want anyone to see me in here because they would only ask questions.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me and I just got even more nervous.

"I..uh...uh...what are you doing in here?" I stuttered as she began to walk over to me.

"Uh...Nothing." Was all she replied with. We both stood there in silence.

"Who are the flowers for?"

"No one." I quickly snapped and just rocked on my feet.

"Who's grave were you sat by?"

"No one." She quickly snapped back at me and we both stood there in complete silence again.

"Ok..." I started. "See you loser." I began walking towards the grave I was trying to get to and was hesitant as to if she was following me so I sped up.

I arrived and sighed, placing the flowers down in the pot on his grave.

"So this is what you meant by he went away." I jumped as I heard y/n's voice again.
"What happened?"

"You shouldn't be here just go home." I coldly told her and sighed out whilst staring at the gravestone of my brother Nick.

Nick Wolfhard
October 21, 1997-May 30, 2015
A loving brother, son and boyfriend.
He will be missed by many.

"A few years ago he was at a party and a bunch of kids drugged his drinks and him as well as a few other kids who drank too much died from poisoning." I told her, I knew my parents would only tell her shortly anyway. I don't know why I was opening up to this loser...

"I'm sorry about that..." was all she replied with and for once I smiled lightly.
"I know what it's like to lose someone you care about." She told me and then I followed her over to the gravestone she was sat by.

(Authors note: I'm gonna make up your mother's name because it doesn't seem right for you to put in your actual mother's name here)

Susan Amber Winters
June 12, 1974-April 26, 2016
"You can't run from your true feelings, if something feels right then go for it, if something feels wrong then re-evaluate."

"What happened?" Finn asked me.

"She got stomach cancer at the start of 2016 and then by April she was getting worse and she died in hospital after one of her treatments..." I tried not to cry in front of Finn.
"Ever since I've kept a picture of her inside my locket." I gripped my locket around my neck and couldn't help but cry.

"I had no idea." Finn stared down at the ground and then wrapped me in his arms, pulling me into a hug. This took me by surprise but I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him back, burying my head into his chest.

Authors note: I'm sorry if this chapter is bad and boring. I'm trying to work in more character development stuff. Anyway who knew Finn had a heart? 🤷‍♀️