Six

- y/n point of view -

"You're new." I spoke as I stood in the doorway to the music room.

"I'm sorry?" The girl spoke back, whilst trying to tune her guitar.

"You're new...that's why you were being nice to me."

"Yeah cause god forbid, I can't be nice." She snapped back at me and I rolled my eyes when she wasn't looking. I walked into the room, clutching the straps of my bag on my shoulders.

"I'm sorry." I started. "I shouldn't have assumed you were someone pretending to be nice to me to just be horrible to me after."

"Why would I ever do that?"

"You'd be surprised at how many people have done that to me." I admitted to her. Although I don't know why I did because I hardly knew who she was.

"I'm sorry people are doing that to you." She seemed genuinely sorry. Maybe she was actually nice and not like the others. I smiled lightly at her.

"Can we start over?" I hopefully asked and she smiled.

"Hi." She spoke, after placing her guitar on the floor and getting up. "I'm Ayla." She outstretched her hand and I shook it.

"I'm y/n." We both smiled at each other before pulling our hands away.
"I really like your guitar." I pointed to it and she picked it up as I took a seat in the chair opposite hers.

"Thanks." She smiled, strumming it once to check it was in tune.

- Finn's point of view -

I heard loud laughing coming from the music room so I decided to check it out. I was deciding to skip History class and was about to escape out of the fire escape route next to the music room. I peeked my head up to the glass to take a look through, there were two girls in there. They were both sat on chairs and one had a guitar on her lap. I looked closer and noticed that one of the girl's was Ayla and the other was y/n.

I took my bag off and opened the back pocket up, where my secret compartment was where I stash things I didn't want Camila and everyone else to see. No one else knew about this department except for me. I quietly opened it and then took something out of it, staring at it.

I stared through the window again and y/n had now got up and grabbed a guitar off the shelf, tuning it. I didn't even know she played the guitar...

I stared back at the object in my hand.

- flashback -

Y/n placed a green wristband on my arm and tightened it up. She had already had hers on.

"These mean that we are best friends forever."

"No matter what." We both smiled at each other. We were both about 6 years old when we decided to have a token of our friendship.

"We can't take these off ever or it means we broke our one friendship rule." She stated and I nodded.

"I promise I will never take it off." I stated and we both ran off to the river. We didn't go to the cliff though we just went straight over the bridge and down the grass into the river.

- flashback end -

I noticed that y/n was still wearing her wristband on her wrist. A small part of the green string was sticking out from her hoodie sleeve. She never used to wear long sleeved clothes and it's all she's been wearing for the past few years.

I stared back down at the green wristband I held in my hands and placed it back in the secret department, zipping my bag up again before walking out of the fire escape door.

I took the wristband off and broke my promise to her. But she has kept hers on this entire time. Why?