Forty Nine

It had been a few hours since Eric left. Mary went upstairs to take a bath and calm down since Eric hadn't returned yet. No one knew where we went or if we will come back. We didn't know what was happening.

"What is your dad hiding from us?" I paced up and down the room as Finn was sat on the couch, with his hand over his side.

"I don't know."

"Why was a guy following me? Why me? Of all people." I spoke out loud. I wasn't necessarily asking Finn, I was just thinking out loud.

"I don't know anything y/n. But I do have something to tell you." He told me and I just turned to him, he had a concerned look on his face.
"It's important."

"Well, what is it?" I asked him and he just gulped. We heard car tyre's screech out the front door and both turned towards the window. I made my way over towards the window and peeped through the curtains. The same Black Chevrolet that was following me arrived outside the door.

"Oh shit." I yelled.

"What?" Finn got up from the couch and made his way to the window and stared out of the curtain with me. The door to the Chevrolet opened and a figure dressed all in black with a black mask over his head hopped out, carrying a gun.

"Oh shit." We both said in sync, closing the curtains.

"Shit. Run." I yelled at him and we both made our way to the door which leads to the basement. Finn grabbed the key from the lamp frantically as we both panicked.

"Hurry up" I yelled at him as I felt my heart beating at a hundred miles per hour.

"I'm trying." He yelled back, putting the key in the lock and twisting it with his shaking hand. Once the door unlocked, he took the key out and shoved it in his pocket as he opened the door. We heard a bang on the front door as Finn quickly closed the basement door and locked it.

I tried to control my breathing as we ran down the stairs and looked around for a hiding place. We heard another bang, followed by a very loud sound so I'm guessing whoever that guy was has just broke down the door.

I squealed and Finn grabbed my hand and dragged me under the stairs. We crouched down, under the wooden planks that were the steps. Finn was crouched behind me with his arm around me with his other hand placed over my mouth to help me control my breathing.

"Shhh." He told me. He didn't seem to be very panicked anymore, he seemed to be quite calm considering a guy with a gun had just broke into the house.

I focused on my breathing by closing my eyes and trying to slow my heart rate. We heard a smashing sound above us and I jumped out of my skin. Finn pulled me closer to him as I squeezed my eyes shut even tighter from the terror.

We still don't know where Eric is or if he will be coming back. We don't know if this guy that broke in got to Eric or not.

"It's ok." Finn quietly whispered to me as we heard another smash. We could hear the footsteps of the guy climbing the stairs to the house. Finn removed his hand from my mouth and we both sighed out.

"Are you okay?" He asked me and I just nodded my head so I didn't worry him. I was on the verge of having a panic attack and I didn't want to worry Finn even more. I noticed that he was staring around the room but I didn't know what he was searching for...

"What are you trying to f-" before I could continue I was cut off by the sound of gunfire. I placed my hands over my ears as Finn wrapped both of his arms around me, protecting my head just in case. It wasn't just one shot from the gun, it was a continuous fire. We don't know why the guy was suddenly firing his gun, but he was definitely making sure we knew he was still there.

The gunfire shortly stopped and we heard a set of footsteps above us again. I was beginning to shake slightly but I just squeezed my hands into a fist so that my long nails would puncture the skin on my palms, I tried to focus on the pain instead of the panic attack. My heart was still beating at a hundred miles per hour and my breathing was beginning to get louder.

"Are you ok?" Finn whispered into my ear again and I just nodded. He rubbed my shoulder with one of his hands before hearing a loud bang again, but it wasn't the sound of a gun, it was the sound of another door being hit, like someone was shoulder barging it. To be precise, it was the door to the basement being hit...

Finn and I both jumped but all Finn did was pull me closer to him when we did. He lifted his head up again and let go of me for a split second, walking over to the drawers of Eric's desk. We heard another loud bang which made me jump again and Finn and rushing back over, wrapping one arms round me and leaving the other by his side.

We heard the door being broken off it's hinges and it threw down the stairs, making a very loud sound. Finn's body tensed up but all I did was cover my mouth with my hands and bite down on the sleeve so I didn't make a noise.