Thirty One

"Is that?" Finn asked and I nodded.

"Yeah."

"We need to go somewhere more private to talk about this." He led me up to his room and then locked the door behind him.

He pulled out the photograph I found in his dad's secret room and studied it again.

"So your mom and my dad dated?" He asked me staring at the photograph of my mom and his dad when they were both in college. I just nodded at him.
"This is weird." He spoke and I agreed with him there.

"That's not the only thing I found though." I told him and pulled out another photograph.
"I found this with that picture."

Finn took the photo out of my hands and studied it. It was a picture of my mom in hospital holding a baby and Finn's Dad was next to her. It was another picture from when they were both in college.

"I think your dad got my mom pregnant in college." I told him and his eyebrows furrowed as confusion sweeper over his face.

"Does this mean we have a half brother or step brother or whatever he is to us." Finn stared at me and I shrugged.

"They were definitely trying to keep someone from us." I took the pictures and studied them.

"Wait." I started to piece things together in my mind.

"What?"

"What if the ultrasound in your dad's room wasn't of me? What if it was of whoever this is?" I held up the picture of my mom and Eric in hospital.
"It makes sense now. Both your dad and my mom dropped out of college in the second year, my mom told me it was because she was failing. She wasn't failing she got pregnant."

"My Dad told me he was kicked out." Finn's eyes wandered around the room.

"We have to find him."

"What?"

"Whoever this relative is. We have to find him."

"And how do we do that?" Finn questioned.

"We to back into your dad's room and figure out his computer password. That's where we'll find our answers. This ultrasound my mom gave me for my 18th could be her trying to tell me I had a brother this entire time." I went through my bag and pulled out the ultrasound.

"I can't believe I was so stupid. I didn't even check the date on it. It's the same date they dropped out of college, the same date is on your dad's ultrasound picture. Finn, we have a half brother."

"What does that make us?" He questioned.

"What do you mean?"

"Does that men's we're related if we have a half brother?" He questioned.

"I don't think it means that at all Finn we don't shave the same Dad. Our parents may have gotten pregnant in college but my mom is not your mom and your dad is not my dad. We aren't related at all."

"You don't know who your father is. Your mom had never told you. So how do you know?"

"I just know Finn, I think I'd know my dad when I saw him. Eric is definitely not him. I don't even look like him at all." I snapped at him and he just pulled a face at me and surrendered.

"Whatever you say, princess."

"Stop calling me that."

"Why? What are you gonna do about it princess?" He mocked at me and I just rolled my eyes.

"I will cut those luscious curly locks of yours off in your sleep and make you eat them if you don't stop calling me that."

"I don't believe you." He crossed his arms against his chest with his signature smirk plastered on his face again.

"Try me."

"Princess." He slowly spoke out.

"Sleep with one eye open tonight, princess." I told him and his facial expression changed slightly. It was almost like my words were slowly crawling under his skin, as if he was believing me.