Twenty Nine

- y/n point of view -

"Hurry up" Finn whisper yelled at me as I felt my nerves on edge. We headed down the stairs of Finn's darkened house quietly and Finn checked the living room to see if his dad was still awake.

"Come on." He signalled for me to follow him and I rolled my eyes and followed him through the hallway until he stopped at a door. Swiftly but slowly he opened the unlit lamp next to the door and took out the key, unlocked the door and placed the key back in the lamp putting it back together again. We quietly made our way into the room closing the door and locking it behind us.

"My dad never lets anyone in this room not even my mom. But I've been studying him and I know where he hides the keys and when he is and isn't in this room so we should be safe for at least an hour and then we had a few minutes to get out of here. Got it?" Finn told me and I nodded.

"What are we looking for down here exactly?" I asked him curiously. The door that Finn opened led us down some stairs into the basement. It was pitch black and we were trying to find the light switch.

"Anything related to your father." He told me as he found the light switch. When the room lit up we were both in shock...

There were mounds of paperwork everywhere and a board full of photos of the same man, he was covering his face and had a gun in most of them.

I heard a loud click behind me and jumped out of my skin to see Finn had opened a box.

"Holy shit." He nervously got the words out. I wondered over to see what he found so interesting. In the box was a set of guns and ammo.

"What has your father been doing?" I asked him and he just shrugged, closing the box. Holy shit.

We started making our way through the paperwork, checking if we could find anything to do with my father and even his name or a picture of him.

"What about your dad's computer?" I asked Finn and he just stared at me.

"I'm pretty sure my dad would have very high security on his computer, one or two false logins could probably send this room on lock down or something. We just found guns, I'm not risking my father catching us." He blurted our, rushing through the paperwork.

"Aww you're scared." I teased him and he rolled his eyes.

"Don't be a dumbass, just continue looking."

"How can I look for something when I don't know what I'm looking for. Your dad would have most of his private information on his computer where it can't be lost. I'm trying it." I sat in the chair and opened up the computer.

"What's the most important thing to your dad?" I asked him and Finn stayed silent.
"Finn" I yelled at him.

"Idk. Me and Nick?" I told her and she began typing. The password was declined.

"Okay. Search for something that might hint towards a password." We both began quickly rummaging through the paperwork again, trying to find anything that could possibly help us.

"Wait, Wait. Y/n." Finn spoke and I turned around to see him holding something.

"Yeah?"

"Isn't this the same ultra sound scan your mom gave you for your 18th birthday?" Finn turned the photo around and I noticed that it was exactly the same.

"Yeah it is." I told him, taking the photo off him and examining it.
"Why does your father have a photo of my mom's ultrasound?" I asked him and he shrugged. We heard a sound and both began to panic.

"Shit. Our hour is up. Turn the computer off." Finn frantically whisper yelled at me and then ran over to turn the lightswitch off.

"Quick our this way. There's a window." I told him and we opened the window, climbing through it and ending up in a tunnel. Finn shut the window.

"Which way?"

"This way, it will take us to the back garden." We both ran in the direction thatFinn told us and found some steps that took us up to a secret doorway. Finn opened it and it led us into a shed full of gardening tools.

Finn opened the door do the shed and we were in his back garden.

"Huh. Your dad is very secretive." I told him and he agreed as we snuck our way into the house and quietly made our way back up the stairs to Finn's bedroom.