I love you...

❤️💜SKIPPING 62K TO GO TO 63K BOIIIII💜❤️

---Goth's POV----

In the moment, I hadn't known what I was really doing. After hearing Palette's cry of fear, I had whipped around with Raven, the two of us freezing as we saw Palette down on the floor, looking up at X in pure fear as he prepared to stab a bone attack right through him.

The first thing I felt was pure panic, and then suddenly I felt myself running forwards. Running forwards faster than I'd ever done before to try and protect Palette like how he'd protected me all that time ago.

I flung myself out in front of Palette, full on knowing that by doing this, I'd most certainly die.

I could faintly hear the sound of my parents and brother screaming at me not to, but I was already there, stood ready to take the blow for Palette. I gulped, squeezing my eyes shut tightly as I prepared to feel the agonising pain of the sharpened bone attack spearing through my chest and shattering my soul.

But nothing happened.

An agonised scream rang out in front of me and I froze, my eyes flashing open.

No...

Stood in front of me, his arms flung out protectively...

Raven.

My eyes widened in horror as I saw the bone attack sticking out of his back, having sliced cleanly through his chest. "RAVEN!"

My brother collapsed into my arms, coughing and twitching, his whole body shaking violently. "G-Gothy...?"

I hugged him tightly to my chest, crying "No!" Over and over in refusal. "Wh-Why would you do that?!" I cried, tears already streaming down my face.

"Heh...b-because s-siblings...a-always look after...each other..." He mumbled, coughing up some blood after.

I went to stutter something back to him when he was suddenly torn from my grasp by X, his limp body being yanked harshly over to him.

My parents were flinging all sorts of attacks at X, screaming at him to let their kid down.

But we could only watch in pure horror as X cackled, forcefully shoving the bone attack deeper into him before summoning his soul.

"N-NO!" I screamed, running forwards. "RAVEN!!"

Raven tilted his face towards me, smiling weakly. Tears were streaming down his face, but he still smiled, mouthing something to me.

Instantly I froze, my whole world seeming to collapse as I caught what he mouthed to me.

I love you...

And then X crushed his soul, splintering it between his fingers as he let out a demented laugh, watching in delight as my brother's body started dusting.

I screamed, falling to my knees as I watched the magic from my brother's soul flow up X's arm and into his chest, making him cackle gleefully before dropping Raven.

As soon as my brother's lifeless body hit the floor, it exploded into dust, the grey ash-like particles flying up in the air from the impact before slowly sinking back down to the floor.

"N-No--" I breathed, gasping shakily. NO NO NO NONONONO--!!" I ran forwards, desperately trying to scoop up Raven's ashes, as if could mould him back together.

A shadow loomed over me, and I looked up, my whole body shaking as I came face to face with my brother's murderer.

"Oh I'm sorry little one~! Was he important to you~?" He burst out into hysterical laughter after, pulling back his dagger-like arm to strike me down as well. "Maybe you should go join him!"