The Button

❤️💜60k AAAAAAAAAAAA💜❤️

---Cross' POV----

"We're so dead. We're so fucking dead." Reaper hissed, glaring up at the ceiling as he sat down.

It had now got to the point where if the tallest people -Nightmare and Reaper- stood up, their heads would be brushing against the slowly lowering ceiling.

"This is your fault Cross!" He growled, his eyes narrowing as pointed an accusing finger at me. "Are you secretly working for X?!"

"Don't be retarded, Reaper." Nightmare hissed, wrapping his arms and tentacles around me protectively. "X killed his fucking child, why would he work for him?! You need to shut up and calm down."

Reaper flinched, looking to the side. "We can't trust anyone anymore..."

"Oh you don't say." Dream muttered, rolling his eyes as he cupped his little ball of flames in his hands. "Maybe you're still possessed. Maybe Cross is working for X. Maybe I've been paid to kill all of you. Maybe Gradient planned this from the very beginning. Maybe Geno has been plotting this all along. We don't know who to trust. There are far too many possibilities for why this is happening, so don't bother making accusations. People will fire other ones right back at you."

We all glanced over at Dream, taking in his tired and slightly irritated expression, nodding. He does have an extremely valid point.

A sudden clunk from above caused us all to jolt and look up, our eyes widening in alarm as we saw how much the ceiling had just dropped. Now, even when sitting down, the bloodstained surface of the ceiling was only a few good centimetres away from the top of our heads.

"Is this the part where we start panicking full on?" Horror asked, pulling Lust closer to him as he eyed up our surroundings.

"No..." Error muttered weakly, leaning against Ink. "This is the part where we start accepting death..."

"Y-You're just gonna give up?!" Lust stuttered, his eyes wide with disbelief. "J-Just like that?!"

"Pretty much..." Error mumbled.

"What about Pj and Gradient?!" Nightmare hissed, glaring at him. "You're just gonna die without even fighting for them?!"

He flinched, but didn't answer, simply closing his eyes.

"Well I'm not dying like this." Nightmare muttered, suddenly nudging me off of his lap, his tentacles uncurling from around me. "We've got to try something else."

"We've tried everything..." Dust whispered dryly. "The only way out is that door over there...but like Cross said earlier, it can only be opened from the outside..."

Nightmare blinked rapidly, tilting his head to the side slightly as if he'd heard something we hadn't.

"Nighty?" I looked up at him, frowning slightly. "Are you okay?"

He ignored me completely, suddenly starting to make his way over to the closed door.

"Where's Nightmare going?" Killer asked, narrowing his eyes as he watched him slide next to the door, pressing the side of his head against it.

"Everyone shut up!" Nightmare hissed, narrowing his eye as he stayed pressed against the door, his tentacles twitching slightly.

And that's when we heard it. Faint, frantic voices from outside the door.

"KIDS?!"

---Incubux's POV----

"Hurry up!" I muttered, nudging Noah and Moonlight forwards as we practically ran down the corridors, listening out for the Nerds shouted directions.