When prey Runs

❤️💜20k :3
We've reached my goal so I gUeSs ThIs Is ThE eNd oF tHe bOoK--

Jk dun worry XD💜❤️

---Cross' POV----

I flinched, opening my eyes to see complete darkness.

Straight away I realised that I was in a dream. If I was actually awake I'd be able to sense Nightmare next to me. But I couldn't.

There was just a black endless void that stretched out for miles, as far as I could see. But, stood in the distance I could faintly see the silhouette of a figure. A figure I knew all to well.

I stepped forwards, narrowing my eyes. It was two figures. As I walked closer, my eyes widened. X had Chara by the neck, choking him as he was held in the air.

Now I'm going to be honest, I hate Chara more than words can describe. But I'm not about to let X murder him, even if this is a dream.

I went to summon a knife, only to freeze as nothing worked.

X suddenly turned, grinning as he looked at me. "Well hello there, sans."

I flinched, growling as I walked closer to him, trying and failing to summon any knives. "My name, is Cross."

X grinned, chuckling. "Oh so you've finally accepted it hm? Who you are?" His grip on Chara tightened slightly and the kid let out a strangled cry, struggling in his grip.

"My name doesn't change shit about who I am." I hissed, coming to a stop a few metres away. "Now what the hell do you want?"

X smirked before dropping Chara suddenly, letting him fall to the floor where he then gulped down air desperately, choking and gagging.

I stayed put, not daring to go any closer as I watched Chara feebly stumble to his feet and collapse next to me, his neck bleeding from where X had dug his fingers in.

"You see Cross." X said, grinning. "I've always loved to play games~"

I narrowed my eyes, looking around for any signs of Nightmare. Normally he'll join me in a dream.

X laughed, making me look back at him. "Your octopus can't save you now. This is my dream. I've dragged you in."

I winced, growing slightly nervous.

"As I was saying, I love to play games. Now my current favourite is Cat and Mouse. And guess what Crossy~?"

I gulped, stepping back.

"Im coming for all of you~ I'm the cat, and you're all the mice~"

"CROSS!"

I jolted suddenly, opening my eyes again to see Nightmare shaking me, his eye full of concern. "Wh-Wha--?"

He suddenly hugged me to his chest, sighing. "You were having a bad dream...you were thrashing and muttering stuff...a-and for some reason I couldn't get into the dream and stop it!"

I panted, blushing at his concern and hugged back, burying my face in his chest. "I-It was X...h-he dragged me into his dream and then talked to me..."

Nightmare stiffened and his grip on me tightened. "What did he say?"

I winced, blinking as he wiped the tears that I didn't even know were there off of my cheek bones. "H-He coming! W-We need to leave!"