Serenity

❤️💜30k MMMMM IM ALIVE💜❤️

---PaperJam's POV----

As soon as we'd sorted out the whole 'homeless kid that's Goth's friend' situation we set off, wanting to make it to the ruins of Serenity as quick as possible.

Gradient was leading the way, with our parents close by his side.

My dad, being the crackhead skeleton he is, had took that monstrous dog along with him, saying that he'd be helpful.

Anyways, admittedly I'd fallen behind, dropping a bit further back in the group to near the last few people.

I constantly found myself glancing at Nightmare as I walked. If I wasn't wary of him before, I definitely was now. Error confirmed with me that the place we're going is what turned him into that monstrous form, because from what I've heard, he used to have a different form that was practically the opposite of what he is today.

If they did that to him, what if they did it to us?

I know Nightmare brutally murdered everyone working there...but maybe some followers or apprentices outside of the lab survived. Or maybe he just assumed that he killed everyone...

A sudden burst of colours slid into the right of my vision, dragging me out of my thoughts.

"Sup Jammy."

I jolted, glancing to the side to see none other than the colourful 90's criminal. Fresh. "O-Oh, hi Fresh."

The criminal smirked, his shades flashing momentarily. "What's it like being a criminal?"

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. "I'm not a criminal. I haven't done anything illegal."

Fresh snorted, patting my head mockingly. "Did you or did you not help break out two inmates from Craitown prison only yesterday?"

"I--... oh shut up I was only doing it to help my parents and get my friends dad back. Not for anything else." I huffed, looking away.

"So you went doing it just to break out me~?" He teased, smirking widely.

"Pff hell no. In your dreams. I literally know shit nothing about you."

"Well then." He said cheerfully, grinning. "I'll tell you my life story then, okay?"

"U-Uh--"

"Great! Now where do I start?"

I sighed, rolling my eyes as he took a deep breath, trying to remember back.

"Well, in this...current radical body of mine."

I blinked. "Current?"

He flashed me a grin and pet the top of my skull. "Don't ask too many questions that you wouldn't understand the answer to Jammy."

"B-But--"

"ShhSHHHshh-- calm down Jammy. I'll probably explain this all later to you, but for now I can't completely trust you with my secret. You understand that, right Broski?"

I sighed, nodding as I looked up at him expectantly, actually curious about what this odd skeletons life story could be.

"Right then, as I was going to say...back when I was little, my 'mum' died, leaving me with my over aggressive dad. He blamed me for my mothers death since she was always so worried about me. She didn't understand why I was so different from all the other kids and wanted to change that so I'd fit in. She did everything I ever wanted, buying me my odd taste in clothes and shades. But the thing is, Dad was an alcoholic. Forever beating her and attempting to beat me. I can remember one night mum had dragged me out of the house after an argument with dad and we'd hung out together at the park, not really doing anything.