Unstable Stairs

❤️💜32K MY CHILDREN💜❤️

---Nightmare's POV----

"I think we should split up..." Error said, glancing warily at me. "We'll be able to cover more ground that way...minimum of two people per group, okay?"

Everyone nodded and I winced as they all immediately stepped away from me, shooting nervous looks in my direction as they grabbed onto their respective partners and kids.

Dust, Blue and Sprinkle were one group. Horror, Lust and Desire were another. Geno, Reaper, Goth, Raven and Pallet were the third group. Ink, Error, Pj, Fresh, their killer dog and Gradient were the forth. And Killer went with the mystery guy.

"Don't worry Nighty..." Cross muttered. "We'll stay with you..."

Our kids nodded and I smiled weakly, internally hitting myself. Why did I ever agree to coming here? I'd give anything to be back at the mansion right now, with Cross curled up by my side on the sofa, purring softly as we watched some horror film with the kids. Funnily enough then kids don't really find horror movies scary. They've seen all sorts of stuff like Annabel, The Nun, IT, The Conjuring etc. The only horror film they haven't seen that I can think of is The Human Centipede. And that's because Cross has several panic attacks watching it.

I can remember that Moonlight and Noah had hidden in my chest, and Cross was in my arms, shaking. We had to turn it off after half an hour.

Call us irresponsible parents, but the kids had begged us to let them watch it, and after a long time of debating, we gave in and let them.

And then I had to keep back Night terrors from my whole family instead of just Cross.

Oh happy memories.

I flinched as my foot bumped into something hard and loose. I looked down slowly, blinking as I saw an old clipboard.

"What is it?" Cross asked, leaning against me as he looked down.

Not answering him, I leaned down and picked it up, wincing as I saw what it was.

SERENITY FILE : CLASSIFED

Test: 12
Subject: BR-02
Test: LD - Liquid Negativity

Results: We injected the Liquid Determination into subject BR-02's soul. He put up a struggle (obviously) but his stress didn't seem to affect how his soul took in the LD. Our plan is to leave him restrained to our experiment table for about three days to see the results. We've spent millions on this project, and we can't have it failing now. So if there's no results in three days we'll inject him with more. I know it could be lethal, but we've come too far to fail now. We must succeed.

The next paragraph was so messy and rushed that I could barely read it.

Something's gone wrong. This wasn't supposed to happen. We'd done everything perfectly, yet here I am, watching as BR-02 rips his way through of the restraints, killing my colleagues. He's a monster. We've created a monster, an uncontrollable weapon. Shit he's seen me.

I narrowed my eyes, dropping the file to the ground carelessly. "An uncontrollable weapon? Oh they've got that much right."