Reunion

❤️💜36k YAYAYYAYAYAYAYA💜❤️

---Dream's POV----

As soon as he whipped around I saw it. That vulnerable look in his eye. It wasn't cold and uncaring like I'd seen before. It was the vulnerability I used to see in my brother's eyes. Nightmare's eyes.

"D-Dream?" He seemed to freeze up, his eye widening.

I narrowed my eyes, looking him up and down. "Brother."

They say time changes you, but when they say that, I don't think they mean as much as Nightmare has. Physically and mentally.

The young and energetic brother full of excitement and wonder no longer existed. He didn't have white bones anymore, they were covered in black oozing slime tinted with a slight blue. His purple pupils were gone, leaving one glowing blue eye on the left of his face. He'd certainly grown by a few foot. He used to be rather small for a skeleton, but now he towers over everyone in this room. I can faintly remember seeing him like this when we caught him nine years ago with Horror and Lust. But I'd have never suspected them that it was him I glared at through the cell bars...my brother...

There is one thing I'm happy about however. One thing that Nightmare hasn't lost. His love. I could see that clearly with him and Cross. The smol skeleton was forever cuddled up in his arms, on his lap, or by his side.

But he doesn't seem to be here at the moment...

I frowned, taking in the current scene.

Reaper was limp in the floor, groaning weakly as Geno fussed over him, frantically asking if he was okay as he pressed his hands against the gaping wound on his shoulder, trying to stop the blood flow.

My eyes flicked to the side and I flinched upon seeing Blue looking at me with almost horror. I know he left the police near the beginning of the gang's break up, but he must have heard the news of my disappearance from Ink. They both probably thought I had died...

Speaking of Ink, I glanced over at where he was stood, being met with an equally horrified expression. "D-Dream? Y-You're alive...?"

I ignored him, focusing on my brother once more. I watched as he gripped onto my arrow I had shot into his shoulder, hissing.

He inhaled sharply before ripping the arrow out, earning a muffled yelp of pain as he quickly dropped it to the floor.

The arrow fell with a clatter, laying stiffly on the floor before rolling away as Nightmare kicked it away, growling as he watched it tumble to a stop by my feet.

I leaned down to pick it up before looking at Nightmare again. "I have some questions..."

"I have more." He hissed back, looking me up and down. "What the hells happened to you? I remember my brother as positive and fun, not dark and depressing."

I narrowed my eyes. "Is that so? Because I remember my brother as a small white boned skeleton, obsessed with nature and with a passion to read. I remember him without black slime covering his entire body! I remember him with more emotions! I remember the boy who cared for everyone!"

Nightmare flinched, looking away. "That boy is gone..."

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. "And the boy you remember is gone as well. I searched for you for a total of fifteen years Nightmare. Fifteen years. And I find you only to discover you're a criminal. A lab rat tortured by experiments!"

Even as I said this I could feel myself cracking. My soul was tugging at my insides. All I wanted to do now was run forwards and hug him, cry.

"I-I searched everywhere for you! Everywhere! I asked everyone if they'd seen anyone fitting the description I gave of you, along with that f-family photo mum had painted of us all those years ago!"