Family comes before Friends

❤️💜34k MMMMMMMMMM YEY💜❤️

---Cross' POV----

"Careful Cross...that floor looks unstable..."

The room, like all the others, was trashed. Papers strewn everywhere across the floor. There was an unmoving lump in one corner of the room. I didn't want to know whether it was a body or not. The floor itself seemed to be almost sagging slightly, as if some unseen weight was pushing down on it. But it didn't look that unstable.

I blinked, taking a cautious step forwards through the open doorway and into the next room, shivering. "It doesn't seem too bad..."

Nightmare stayed by the doorway, gently curling a tentacle around my wrist as he eyed the floor like it was the mother plant that tried to eat Error. "Please don't go any further in..."

I took another step forwards before glancing back at him, rolling my eyes. "It's fine Nighty. It's not gonna suddenly collapse beneath me or something."

No sooner than those words had left my mouth an almighty crack rang out and suddenly the floor beneath my feet caved in, crumbling open.

I let out a scream, attempting to grab onto something as I fell down to the bottom floor. I felt Nightmare's tentacle tighten around my wrist, but it slipped through, only slowing my fall a bit as I hit the floor, my legs crumpling beneath me.

"CROSS!!"

I groaned, clutching my head as my head filled with loud ringing. "I-I'm fine...d-don't worry..."

I stretched myself out, wincing and groaning weakly at the aching pain that shot through my body. As I opened my eyes I could see the giant hole in the roof I'd fallen through.

Nightmare was leaning over the edge, his tentacles wrapped around the remains of the doorframe as he looked down at me worryingly. "I-I'll come down to you with the kids!"

"Cross?"

I jolted, looking to my side to see Ink, Error, Gradient and Pj. "Oh, uh...hi."

"Did you just fall through the ceiling?!"

"Yeah..." I forced myself to my feet, groaning in pain as I looked back up at Nightmare. "Don't worry about coming down to me! Ink, Error and their kids are here. I'll just stick with them okay? You continue looking around upstairs."

Nightmare clearly didn't want to agree with my order, but he nodded, disappearing from sight as he stepped back away from the edge.

"So uh...you good?" Ink asked, holding out a hand for me as he walked over.

"Just bruised I think." I muttered, gladly taking the hand to help me down from the rubble of the ceiling.

"How on earth did you even manage to fall through the floor?" Error asked, looking me up and down like I'd just fell a thousand foot from the sky.

"Well we went into a room with some unstable looking floor and I didn't want any of the kids to go in there since we've already had a few heart attacks over Noah. I'm lighter than Nightmare and almost lighter than my own eldest child so I went out there to check it and then boom! Here we are."

Error rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. "That was a pretty dumb move."

I nodded, rubbing the back of my skull. "Yeah...I know. I probably should have thought it out better, but I didn't. So I can't really blame anyone but myself really."

Ink snickered. "We thought the whole building was gonna collapse or something."

Gradient gave him an odd look. "I wouldn't snicker over something like that."