Twenty two

Valerie P.O.V.

The next two days flew by as we repeated the same process as the first, there were so many new brands that I was introduced to, completely immersing myself in the fashion world. Tomorrow we will be meeting with one of Julian's clients to dress her for various talk-show interviews, and then on the last day, we have one more meeting with a design house in the morning before flying back to L.A.

I was settled in bed at the end of another big day, scrolling through some of the photos I had taken on my phone that I could possibly upload, before Carter's name popped up on FaceTime. My heart fluttered in my chest as I quickly smoothed over my hair and lifted the phone screen at a better angle before answering it.

"Hey gorgeous," his sexy voice answered before his face popped up. Omg he was lying in bed shirtless! I think I'm having heart palpitations.

"Hey handsome," I replied cheekily, laying my head down on the pillow.

"How's everything been? How's your family?"

"Yeah they're good, my brother asked about you actually," I laughed.

"Oh really? What'd he say?" he raised his eyebrows, brushing strands of hair off his face. I want to run my fingers through those waves.

"Yep, just overprotective brother stuff, nothing to worry about. And it's been so fun, I've learnt a lot, it barely feels like I've been doing a job," I explained.

"That's good to hear, put your styling talent to use. You should go for it if it's what you like to do," he said, shuffling a little bit before laying down on his side. I wish he was here next to me.

"Hmm, maybe... I really am into clothes..." I mirrored his action and laid down on my side, causing one of my silk straps to fall down as I pondered over the idea.His eyes drifted down to my bare shoulder as his expression changed.

❗️

"You know hard it is for me to not want to reach out and touch you right now," he murmured. "I have your climax imprinted into my brain, the way that you feel..."

I gulped at his words, it just got a million degrees hotter in here. It was unfortunate that I had to leave soon after that night. I felt like a different girl. I felt powerful. I wanted more.

"I wish you could, Carter. I want you to," I whispered as I pushed the other silken strap over my shoulder, giving him a good view of my cleavage.

"Fuck Val, you're a tease," he growled. I ran my hands up my body and over my breasts before giving it a squeeze, imagining that it was Carter. I moaned breathlessly at the feeling before I stretched my top down and pinched at a nipple. I couldn't help it, he ignited this sexual side of me so easily.

He let out a groan before rolling onto his back again and running his hand frustratedly through his hair. "God, I want you to touch yourself, but at the same time I'm the only one who's allowed to make you come baby," he eyed me darkly, halting my movements. He was being territorial. Okay. That was hot.

I blinked myself out of the lust and fixed myself up. "Okay," I let out one deep breath, pulling the covers over me to get settled in. Only two more days.

"Can't wait to see you," he whispered.

"Me too. Good night Carter," I responded with a sleepy smile.

"Sweet dreams Valerie."

~>~>~ End of mature scene ~>~>~