Thirty four

Valerie P.O.V.

It was the day after my birthday, and my brother's surprise, was that he wanted to take me to Disneyland. Plus Carter. Plus Ell. Plus Kean, Xavier, Sommer, Jess, Alec and Alexys. *let's out one big breath*

Apparently, he splurged and got the V.I.P guest tour package, which allowed up to ten people to come along. Coincidentally, everyone could make it, considering nearly all of them had their own appointed work schedules anyway.

"Woahhh someone had a party in here!" Will whistled as he pushed his way through the strings of balloons at my apartment. "Who did all of this?"

"Carter." I smiled proudly.

Will gave an appreciative glance at his surroundings, coming over to admire the flowers I placed in the centre of the dining table.

"Nice. He seems like a cool dude." Will nodded.

"He is. He's taking me to Bora Bora in a few days for my birthday!" I gushed excitedly.

"Woah what the fuck!" Will snapped his head towards me in shock. "Back up, how long have you known him again?"

"Uhhh... like three months?" I said, leaning against the kitchen counter. I mean, we've only become official like a week ago but I met him in April, which makes it approximately three months now. We do spend a lot of time together, so it really felt like much longer than that.

He widened his eyes at me. "Wow. I have completely underestimated him," Will muttered under his breath. "I'm happy he's treating you how you should be treated."

I nodded happily in agreement. "Everything's been awesome."

"I guess I should go apologise for being all hardcore yesterday night," he chuckled.

"Yup," I popped the P. "He's in my bathroom. He'll be out in a sec so you can do it then."

"Why is he in your bathroom this early?" Will narrowed his eyes at me and crossed his arms.

"Because he stayed over." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"I don't wanna fkn know." Will waved his hands back and forth dramatically before shaking his head. "I'm not even sorry anymore!" he exclaimed, horrified.

"OMG WILL! 1. I'm 22 thankyou, and 2. nothing happened yesterday night. We went to sleep." I whacked him against the chest.

This is why I've never had a boyfriend in high school, because my damn older brother kept everyone away.

"Oh my dear lord! My ears! Make it stop!" He bent over his knees with a hand on his forehead.

So dramatic. He really is like a male replica of Ellana, which is why they got along so well and why they never had that typical best friend falling for older brother relationship. They were like siblings themselves.

"Argh you're impossible!" I groaned exasperatedly, crossing my arms. How was he born first?

"Oh morning Will," Carter smiled as he stepped out of the hallway and into the dining area. "No wonder it sounded like you were talking to someone out here," he chuckled, strolling over to me before placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"Carter. How are you?" Will forced a smile after numerous attempts of me mouthing off silently at him.

"I'm good thanks, you?" Carter responded politely.

"Great man, do you think we can talk?"

"Yeah of course," Carter nodded, before giving me a reassuring smile. Taking that as my cue, I walked back down the hallway. Unable to resist, I decided to eavesdrop and stopped just out of sight but within hearing distance. I wasn't missing this for the world.