Forty seven

Valerie P.O.V.

I was spending time at Carter's today, waiting for our friends to come by to hang out. Carter was going to surprise them with a preview of his merch launching for sale next week.

Ellana was so happy that Carter and I managed to sort out our situation, coming back better than ever.

I was ecstatic. I couldn't believe I had almost let him slip through my fingers- he was a diamond in the rough. I made a mistake, but I had the courage to fix it and move past it. I was quite proud of my personal growth this past week. I guess simultaneously, as the pressure built up, I had also been learning and changing in positive ways for the past few months. I just hadn't seen it until recently, because it was shadowed by the negativity. I know better now. You live and you learn.

"Mom and dad!" Xavier shouted as he came bursting through the apartment. He ran over to pull me into a tight hug alongside Carter.

"Dude," Carter groaned, pushing him away. "You're choking me, and poor Val."

"Why don't you love me," he pouted, wiping away non-existent tears.

"Aw Xav." I chuckled, giving him another hug and pat on the back. He's like a little puppy. 

"Okay that's enough of that," Carter stuck his hand in between us. "Get your own girlfriend." he promptly pulled me back towards him.

My lips tugged up at the corner, m-mm he's so hot when he gets a little possessive.

Xavier snorted amusedly at Carter's display of jealousy. "I'm tryin," he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah how's that going?" Carter raised his eyebrows and chuckled.

"Shut up," Xavier glared. "She's-"

"Heyyyy! I'm so glad you two are all good now." Sommer appeared coming over to greet us with a big smile.

"Speak of the devil," Xavier muttered under his breath.

Carter and I shared a knowing glance and chuckled.

"I actually really like this one Carty," Sommer threw an arm around my shoulders. "You better not lose her."

"Yeah yeah Soms, I know," he rolled his eyes at her lightheartedly.

"What? Boys can be stupid," she shrugged her shoulders.

Xavier scoffed. "We are not!"

"You are so!" She retorted.

"No way! You're the one that didn't know Antarctica is not a part of Australia."

"Yeah well you didn't know that desert and dessert were spelt differently." Sommer huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

Carter and I burst out laughing at their little showdown.

After a short while, the rest of the gang showed up.

"Okay guys! Here you gooo!" Carter came out with a bunch of his hoodies, tees, and phone cases to give to everyone.

"Woah dude!" Alec exclaimed. "These are sick, good job!"

"Yeah I love this!" Kean exclaimed, pulling one over his head to try out. "When are they coming out?"

"Launching end of next week," Carter grinned.

"Is this the stuff you drew, Val?" Ellana smiled over to me.

"Yeah," I nodded with a smile. "I helped."

"Wow it's really good!" Alexys complimented. "I love this blue color. It suits everyone."

"Thankyou!"