Thirty three

Valerie P.O.V

"Thankyou again Carter, for everything you've done for me." I whispered against his chest as we hugged by the door.

He pressed a kiss on top of my head before tilting my chin up to look into my eyes. "Always, Valerie," he said, almost as if it were a promise. "Have fun at dinner tonight, I'll see you soon okay?" he smiled, before letting me go.

"Okay, see you soon." I waved.

My heart was so full.

I collapsed onto the couch as I reflected upon the earlier events of the day. I can't believe how it all turned out. I woke up to a wonderful surprise and had spent it with the most perfect boy. We didn't do anything crazy, well besides the er earlier session, but it didn't matter. Spending quality time alone with him was the best. I took out my phone to properly review the video he had posted once again. I was curious to see what people's reactions were like, I hope it was okay.

"awww 💝" "CUTEEE" "whats her @" "so happy for you!"

How sweet! They were all generally so nice. That made me feel so good inside.

"you're cheating on me" "i thought we were together" "my feels 💔"  " 😭😭😭"

Oh wow okay, some of those were a bit funny.

"omg wtf" "UM NOOOO" "i don't like this" "she ain't it" "how can this be happening"

I winced reading through a few variations of those comments. I didn't expect everyone to like it, but it did disappoint me that there was some negativity. With a deep sigh, I shook off the thoughts and feelings and made my over to the bathroom so I could take a long and relaxing shower this afternoon.

"Birthday girllllll! You there?" Ell called as she came home.

"Yes! Just finished up in the shower," I raised my voice as I wrapped a towel around my hair, slipping on some underwear and a shirt before walking out of my bedroom.

"Hey! How was castings?" I asked, as I came out to sit next to her on the couch.

"Good! One step closer to another role. I'll have to wait for callbacks again, but fingers-crossed," she said positively. "Enough about me though," she waved her hand, "tell me all about Carter's surprise!"

"I cried." I laughed.

"Honey I would too if I was going to Bora freaking Bora!!!!" She squealed, shaking me roughly.

"Yeah it's crazy," I chuckled. "It was so overwhelming but in all the right ways..." I paused for a moment. "I think... I think I'm in love with him Ell." I said the last part out loud, making my earlier thoughts real.

She audibly gasped with a hand over her mouth, before recollecting herself. "You know what, I totes already knew that Val," she chuckled. Ell grabbed one of my hands in hers before speaking seriously. "I've never seen you this way before, you're lighter and brighter. I've seen the way you look at him, and the way he looks at you. You're both amazing together, there's no doubt about it."

"It's so scary." I said with a deep sigh.

"Embrace it babe. Love and life's meant to be wild." She said reassuringly with a small smile.

"What would I do without you?" I shook my head and gestured.

"Be a sad one-woman cooking show," she said as we both burst into giggles. "Alright, no more sappy time, we gotta have happy time!!!!" Ell shouted cheerily, reaching behind her to pull out a gift bag to hand to me.