Thirty eight

Valerie P.O.V

We had a nice sleepin this morning, every part of my body was completely relaxed, lying in blissful peace. The sun peaked through the gap in the curtains, reflecting off the still blue surface of the water. The scene was like a poster child for tranquility, with no sign of the turbulent weather that graced us last night.

"Our pillow fort survived," Carter chuckled, lying on his back with one arm tucked behind his head. Oh my, I scored big time. A sheet was draped across his lower body haphazardly, allowing him some modesty. His skin was glowing from our days under the sun, deepening the sculpted lines of his very masculine, and capable body. He's gorgeous.

I averted my eyes to our surroundings, before I could get any ideas. "Yeah somewhat," I laughed, I glancing at the mess and tumble of pillows and sheets around us. The makeshift sheet roof was very much in tact though. I stretched my arms up over my head, before turning on my stomach to do a cat stretch.

"Ooh we should do yoga," I yawned, feeling my muscles loosen up.

"Hmm, I can see if the resort has anymore classes on this morning?" Carter replied.

"Yes please. Then brunch?" I sat up with a smile, picking up my previously discarded robe.

"Sounds good," he nodded. "I also have a special surprise treat planned for us afterwards..." he mumbled, crawling out of our little hideaway whilst clutching the sheets around his waist.

"Wait what did you say?" I asked as I made my way out. "I heard the word surprise." I cocked an eyebrow at him, folding my arms over my chest.

"Hm?" he glanced up coyly from the resort guidebook. "Ah look there's a session at 10:30am. Perfect. We better get going, we only have 20 minutes!" he exclaimed, striding over to the bathroom. I scrunched up my face in a frown at his retreating figure. I really just don't know what to do with him sometimes.

I was lucky I had brought some activewear just in case we did anything super adventurous that required it. We stepped into a nice, open patio like room, with wooden floors, and a high ceiling adorned with large sweeping fans.

"Couples yoga?" I chuckled as we strolled into the venue, noticing that everyone here was essentially in a pair.

"Yeah it was the only thing left..." Carter shrugged. "Ready to get bendy?" he wiggled his eyebrows at me suggestively.

"Go get a mat mister," I rolled my eyes at him. I was never going to admit that I kind of really liked when he made those innuendos.

"Welcome to the spiritual flow class ladies and gentlemen," the lean, petite instructor smiled. "Please come forward and find a space."

We set up our mats side by side on the right hand of the group before taking a seat.

"Okay, we'll start off with some warm ups and simple individual poses before doing some partner work." The instructor switched on some very faint meditational music, as we began moving through a series of sun salutations per her demonstration and guidance.

As we bent down to touch our toes and lean in as close as we could to our knees, Carter turned his head to look at me. I chuckled at the fact that we were both watching each other from an upside down angle. He poked his tongue out, causing me to giggle and lose my balance slightly, breaking from the pose. He snickered at my near mishap, before returning his focus onto the instructor. Trouble, I tell ya.

"And take a deep breath in as you hold, and release, bringing your arms down." The instructor spoke. We finished with another pose, coming back to our centre position. "Alright, great job everyone!" she clapped. "Now let's get started with the couple poses. Turn to your partners, and stand right before each other so your toe's are touching. Now, take your partner's hands. Good. Good."